Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 3, 2010, 5:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Not bad for a first post... considering you show no examples of your bad IQ. As I stated before, If you're "all about playing... " and are PATIENT in the process, then, the HS-10 will astound you and make you look like a pro. It can't work miracles if you're not willing to take the time to learn composition, settings, lighting, etc. If you are into instant gratification, move on. I concur with your statement regarding DSLR IQ. However, there are those that would gratefully sacrifice a little for the convenience, instead of being a pack mule and hauling all that "stuff" around. Note: I own an Olympus E-620 and the "stuff" to go with it. So, I know what I'm talking about. You're comparing apples & oranges. The HS10 has been out for a little over a month. No one - you, me, or anyone - has had time to truly put it through it's paces. Aside from all this: the OP specifically stated he desired to stay away from DSLR.
I'm not telling him to ignore the fuji altogether,just to wait a while for more reviews from professional photographers to become available....as no one has had time to truly put it through it's paces!Considering you yourself fall into this category,the statement that the HS10 will astound you and make you look like a pro is bold indeed and goes to show that you may be suffering from an IQ issue yourself!
As for sacrificing a little for the convenience,that is up to the individual....i've done this myself on many occasions....but owning a dslr does not mean you have to become like a pack mule.There are many "compact" dslr's on the market today and coupled with one of the excellent 24-300mm zoom lenses that are available,you can carry a dslr that will cover most shooting opportunities in comfort both in terms of size and weight.
NAUTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2010, 6:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAUTI View Post
I'm not telling him to ignore the fuji altogether,just to wait a while for more reviews from professional photographers to become available....as no one has had time to truly put it through it's paces!Considering you yourself fall into this category,the statement that the HS10 will astound you and make you look like a pro is bold indeed and goes to show that you may be suffering from an IQ issue yourself!
As for sacrificing a little for the convenience,that is up to the individual....i've done this myself on many occasions....but owning a dslr does not mean you have to become like a pack mule.There are many "compact" dslr's on the market today and coupled with one of the excellent 24-300mm zoom lenses that are available,you can carry a dslr that will cover most shooting opportunities in comfort both in terms of size and weight.
And, I included myself in the equation. But, I do encourage you to view some of my images. I also own one of the smallest DSLRs on the market. I have the E-620 w/70-300mm. It can't compare in weight and convenience to the HS-10. And, where I can and have shown excellent image quality when time is taken to learn the camera (any camera), you have yet to produce your alleged nasty ones.

Nevertheless, the OP stated right up front he wanted to steer clear of a DSLR. So, DSLR is a moot point.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; Jun 3, 2010 at 6:57 PM.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote