Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 4, 2010, 9:07 PM   #1

Default ZS6 to be on sale at Costco

Coupon Book 6/10 - 7/3/10; $50 off - I believe the reg. price at Costco is $289 so with $50 off - that's $239.
runner1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:59 AM   #2

That's an attractive price. I did not think $289 (+ the ridiculous 9.25% CA tax) was worth it as its price would be higher than the ZS7 from Amazon.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2010, 2:41 PM   #3

Wow, that is a deal maker! Thanks for the tip....and no sales tax in NH.
vwcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
That's an attractive price. I did not think $289 (+ the ridiculous 9.25% CA tax) was worth it as its price would be higher than the ZS7 from Amazon.
The ZS7 was $279 on eBay after Bing Cashback but I have never seen it from Amazon that low. I'd like evidence of that one ... and I mean from Amazon, not one of those crooked 3rd party sellers that sells through Amazon.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 4:16 PM   #5

Eariler in the week on ebay, someone sold (35) zs7's for $249.00 with free shipping. This looked like a private person with only 12 ratings, so I did not get one, they went fast, in one day. Can't quite understand people buying stuff on ebay, they have zs7's for over 350 buy it now price and people pay that,when it is cheaper
on Amazon and ABE's has a better price than Amazon.
Old Mike
mf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:15 PM   #6

bing cashback...
Just go an email from them yesterday.
"We are writing to notify you that the Bing cashback program will be discontinued, and the last day to earn cash back on your Bing Shopping purchases will be July 30, 2010. "
tizeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveO View Post
The ZS7 was $279 on eBay after Bing Cashback but I have never seen it from Amazon that low. I'd like evidence of that one ... and I mean from Amazon, not one of those crooked 3rd party sellers that sells through Amazon.
I don't think you understood my post at all. Amazon has had the ZS7 for as low as $304 (actually, I had it in my gold box yesterday for $303 but I have one already in a sealed box and $3 is not going to break my bank). Now, as I said, here in CA we pay 9.25% sales tax. So, a $289 camera actually costs us $316, which is more than the Amazon price (we don't pay taxes or s/h buying from Amazon).

Talking about Bing cashback, I received an email from them today stating that they will be discontinuing the program at the end of July.

Tullio
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf15 View Post
Eariler in the week on ebay, someone sold (35) zs7's for $249.00 with free shipping. This looked like a private person with only 12 ratings, so I did not get one, they went fast, in one day. Can't quite understand people buying stuff on ebay, they have zs7's for over 350 buy it now price and people pay that,when it is cheaper
on Amazon and ABE's has a better price than Amazon.
Old Mike
I agree. It blows my mind. I would not trust a seller with 12 ratings selling a large number of cameras at $60+ below some of the lowest prices.

Tullio
Old Jun 6, 2010, 3:27 AM   #9

Thanks for the tip on Costco!
I think a lot of times you don't even need the coupon, they will deduct at the register. At least on most items, anyhow.

Yes, buying from eBay can be risky I've found.
Clemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2010, 7:57 AM   #10

I have been checking the feedback on the completed auction for the 35 Zs7's, so far three people did not get their camera, but did get a refund,they seem really mad. I wonder if the person selling them hit the wrong key and they should have been $349.
Old Mike
mf15 is offline   Reply With Quote