Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:49 AM   #1

Default FZ35 vs. ZS3/ZS7 video

I am curious whether anyone with interest in the HD video recording has had occasion to compare results in both FZ35 and ZS3/7. I've had my ZS3 for a day or two now and am liking the video really a lot, I'm just wondering how much better it could get? I made the mistake of looking at FZ35's page on Amazon, and O.M.G. I cannot believe the quality of image samples people have submitted! I know I need a compact camera for convenience, but I dislike this feeling that I'm missing out!
Under_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2010, 5:42 AM   #2

Bigger sensors and better lenses will almost always give you better IQ but at the cost of portability. The question is: will you carry a larger camera with you as often as you will the smaller one? Many people have both - the smaller one for every day use and a better cam for days when they go out primarily for the purpose of shooting.

I don't imagine video quality can be too far ahead in daylight. You would likely noice a difference in dimmer situations though if the sensor is larger on the FZ35.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 1:14 PM   #3

Same sensor sizes in these cameras, actually. The lenses are obviously better in the big'un, but whether they're using better tech all around seems a little doubtful. They're even all in the same price range as each other. The mic openings do seem larger, which along with the bigger lenses probably goes toward making the video nicer, but I suspect they'd all finish within spitting distance of the other if there was a contest. Nonetheless, I'm highly tempted and will prolly have to give FZ35 a trial run after I get it sorted out which of the little guys I like better.
Under_rock is offline   Reply With Quote