Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 6, 2010, 6:26 AM   #1

Default Differences between Fujifilm s8000fd V FZ35/8

I would like to know the differences between these cameras please if anyone knows?
E.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2010, 7:45 AM   #2

E.-

When compared to the Fuji S-8000, the Panasonic FZ 35 has:

HD Video
Stereo Sound
Extra Resolution
Better Lens
Faster Shot to Shot times
Faster Focusing
Better White Balance Adjustments
More User Friendly
Better Macro
Better Resolution
Better High ISO Capability

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2010, 9:55 AM   #3

Thanks Sarah, i truly appreciate all your help, you have been great. I am excited because tomorrow i am going to buy the FZ38, made up my mind after reading here and looking at u-tube. Do you know how long it takes the battery to charge and where can i go to learn about his camera? Apparently, being in the UK, the manuel is on cd rom only and hard to follow i understand so i will need help as i promise i will try hard to learn how to use it to the fullest this time. The photos and video look excellent so can't wait to get it now.
I really appreciateall your help and any help i can get from here as i am new and confess i know nothing.
E.
ps - didn't know i could buy extra lenses for it and make it into a 30 optical if i want to, not sure i will but nice to know i can. What else can i buy for it or what would you recommend i buy for it?
Old Jun 6, 2010, 10:28 AM   #4

E.

Congratulation on make the choice in favor of the FZ-38. Yes, there indeed accessory lenses available. However, my suggestion is to get comfortable with the FZ-38 firstly.

You will find that you will get slightly better image quality with the "P" or Programed Auto mode rather than using the "IA" or Intelligent Automatic mode. The Programed Auto mode works exactly like a fully automatic mode while offering the user many options to make changes.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2010, 3:39 PM   #5

I agree totally that i have to learn the camera first but it is nice to know that the opportunity is there to extend the OZ if i wish. i have been taking notes from the posts that i have read so far but can you recommend where to go to learn because a lot of what i have read is like a forign language to me with Fstops apature etc, as i said earlier i know nothing so it will be hard i think but i will try. Again thanks for your help it is really apprecited and look forward to the posts and advice/help. E