Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:29 PM   #21
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Pattullo View Post
i understood sony wasn't going to put video into there dslr's because they didn't want to impact sales of their video cameras
They've already announced that models like the A700 replacement will have HD video.

The new NEX (non dSLR interchangeable lens models with APS-C size sensors) also have video, and they're working with with Nvidia to release 3D related features via a major firmware update planned for next month. IOW, don't judge them by what you see with the pre-release/early production release firmware, as they're not even shipping yet and firmware is still being worked on. ;-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:38 PM   #22

So that means, sony will only offer HD for their higher end dslr. And the entry level guys are out of luck unless they get a nex or the A700 replacement.

Kinda leaving all the dslr buyers in to cold.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:38 PM   #23

ah well not really been keeping up on sonys lately cameras - guess the felt were gonna be left behind if they didn't provide video capabilities since so many people are liking using them for the artistic options they provide in video too

not sure how 3d features will work either since you kinda need to know the distance between 2 seperate shots to even think about making stereoscopic image from them - but guess they must have a plan though and if it works would be cool though not sure how many people have 3d tv's yet to show it on
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:42 PM   #24

well I would not bank on 3d, I went to the stores and looked the the 3d offering in Blueray. Samsung 3d lcd was not impressive what so every. And it hurt my eyes, and parts of the time the images were blurry and not crisps. Not like in a imax theater quality.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:47 PM   #25
Administrator

I'm skeptical, too. But, that's the way the market seems to be heading now (and not just from Sony either). We'll have to wait and see how it pans out, as the younger generation (the ones buying the latest video games, etc., and the generation of buyers manufacturers are probably targeting with their R&D) probably see these things differently.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:50 PM   #26

I was looking forward to going 3d with my 65inch HD tv, but after seeing the early results with 3d. I will pass for now. The picture quality is just not there yet.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Pattullo View Post
i understood sony wasn't going to put video into there dslr's because they didn't want to impact sales of their video cameras
No. Sony came up with a better way to do 'Live View' and that keeps them from doing video. And video is better done on a video camera anyway. Anyone that buys a dSLR to do video either plans to do a lot of extra work or has no idea what they're in for.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2010, 9:12 AM   #28
Administrator

Sony will be launching at least two more dSLR models (that we know about, since they've already announced that much), and they will also have AVCHD video support. One appears to be targeted at entry level buyers, and one will be the A700 replacement.

Note the dSLR Concept Models in this PMA news article:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/press...-pma-2010.html

Here's a link to a photo of the concept models displayed at PMA:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/press..._pma_DSLR_.jpg
Old Jun 12, 2010, 5:02 PM   #29

Sony looks like the best bet
Koolpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:22 AM   #30

Please do comment on Sony Alfa 230 and 330. these 2 are seems to be best buy for my budget in this moment.
masterasmit is offline   Reply With Quote