Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:05 PM   #1

Default Canon SD1200 IS

I am very interested in this camera. However, I have never had a camera with a lithium ion battery before, only ones that use AA. I want this camera for a cruise I am going on and am concerned about the battery life. With AA batteries, they are readily available if they die. This is my main concern with getting this type of camera so if anyone could let me know the approximate average number of shots they get on a single charge on this type of battery it would be very appreciated!

Thank you so much!
laurash988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2010, 1:17 PM   #2

laurash-

Welcome to the Forum. We're pleased that you dropped by.

The Canon SD-1200 is a very small pocket size camera that has received very good reviews. The SD-1200 comes with a lithium ion battery and charger. The supplied battery is capable to taking 200 to 250 photos on a single charge, so you should have no battery problems on your upcoming cruise.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 2:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
laurash-

Welcome to the Forum. We're pleased that you dropped by.

The Canon SD-1200 is a very small pocket size camera that has received very good reviews. The SD-1200 comes with a lithium ion battery and charger. The supplied battery is capable to taking 200 to 250 photos on a single charge, so you should have no battery problems on your upcoming cruise.

Sarah Joyce
Thank you so much. That is very helpful! Just for my own personal information how much would a lithium ion battery cost on its own?
laurash988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 5:15 PM   #4

laurash-

There are lot of very dependable third party replacement batteries for the SD-1200 on www.amazon.com. They have three level of quality ranging from $2 to $6 for a replacement battery for your SD-1200 that will work right in the Canon battery charger that you received with your SD-1200 camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote