Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:33 AM   #1

Default Customer Service Considerations

I am passing this along for what it is worth.
A lot of us have been interested in Panasonic Lumix, and people going into this should know their customer service is terrible. I say that from first hand experience, then calling Costco Concierge which also said it is terrible. They recommend Canon, Nikon, Sony customer service. No problems. Big problems with Panasonic, specifically.

I even emailed a question to Canon and got a detailed reply within an hour! They look to be excellent.

emailing Panasonic... 3 days later no reply, and when I finally got it, it was incorrect.

Just fyi...
Clemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:55 AM   #2

In the camera market, canon and olympus imho are the top 2 in customer service.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 5:42 AM   #3

This is a joke right? Customer service is crap across all industries. Deal with it. Canon is terrible also. I ordered a replacement LCD from Canon earlier this year. They sent me the wrong part. They wanted me to pay the return shipping for their mistake and furthermore wouldn't ship the proper part until they received and processed the return. They told me it would take another 3-4 weeks. Don't even get me started on some of the other customer service horror stories I could tell you from other industries. Dell, Wal-Mart, Samsung, Days Inn .... list goes on and on. Do some research - customer service has been on the decline for a long time.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:59 PM   #4

Five-O-

Your post is correct. However, I question whether you have to/need to be so assertive and/or aggressive with the first line of your post. Clemma is a newbie, and I for one would like to see a little more friendliness and camaraderie among posters.

After all one of the unique features of our Forum is its characteristic quality of friendliness.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2010, 3:45 PM   #5

The original post was made solely for the purpose of venting anger/frustration and was completely unsupported. If you are going to make a claim against a company with the intent to damage their reputation, then the least you can do is support it with the facts so that others may form their own conclusions.

Furthermore, claiming that Costco Concierge supports this claim is ridiculous and completely untrue. A company would never make such a claim because of the impact it would have on their business relationships and any employee who was caught doing so would likely be terminated.

Honestly I can't say whether or not Panasonic's service is good or bad. However, as a business owner, I can say that these types of posts are in no way helpful to the business or the consumer and only serve to feed baseless rumors. If I made a post and simply said "Kodak sucks" I would expect a slew of replies and few of them friendly in nature - and rightfully so. If I am going to make such a claim, I should take the time to also state specifically why they suck and at least have some empirical evidence to back it up.