Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 19, 2010, 5:20 AM   #21

Hi going back to the original question what to get I think the OP has to look at size of camera you wish to carry around. Are you sure you need a DSLR the likes of a canon G11 may suit your needs better.
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:28 PM   #22

If you like small-ness and a top quality camera, Look at the Pentax Kx. The Pentax Kx is not much bigger than the EPL-1, but now you are not fighting an LCD screen to frame your photos, instead you have a very workable optical viewfinder with a lot of information that you can read clearly.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:29 AM   #23

Default many choices

Pentax Kx is a very good choice. It is reasonably priced and does HD video. The Sony website (www.sonystyle.com) has good deals on factory refurbished DSLR at a very good price. I bought a Sony A200 with 28-70mm lens for $260. It looks like new and works like new. The only drawback is a short 90 days warranty. Few days later, they had a Sony A230 for $288. Shipping is free but you have to pay sales tax if you live in California. The above Sony cameras were sold out, however. You can check back on their website from time to time for other deals.

If you have Sears outlet closed by, they have closed out DSLR from time to time at a deep discount. Some guys on another forum claimed they bought the A200 for $109 including tax.
WCKSer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:10 AM   #24

I would try the Panasonic FZ35 first and see if it fit the bill at $300 you can't beat it and ISO800 is easily printable 8X10....a Bridge Camera is just that, "the Bridge" between the Compact and a DSLR...and well worth their weight in gold for vacations and celebrations with out breaking the bank and without carrying a lens kit with you...

Last edited by LTZ470; Aug 21, 2010 at 6:52 AM.
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 9:10 AM   #25

FZ38, hated the EVF!!
Koolpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 9:52 AM   #26

Tony-

The fact that you did not personally like the EVF on the Panasonic FZ-35/38, does not make it a "bad" camera technically. I personally like the FZ-35/38 a lot as do many others fellow photographers. The FZ-35/38 is a very user friendly camera and capable of some very good image quality. With the FZ-100 introduced, here in the USA, the FZ-35 is selling at an all time low price of $(US)299.00.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:18 AM   #27

I've owned and used the FZ35 since April and personally I like it alot. I use the EVF to frame 99% of my shots and find it up to the task. I need reading glasses and use the diopter to adjust for clarity and haven't had any problems using the EVF.

Laurie
laurel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:57 PM   #28

Not saying it is a bad camera just that i hated the EVF.
Koolpc is offline   Reply With Quote