Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Congratulations on your decision, Bob-

Give the S-90 a whirl and see what you think.

Sarah Joyce
Thanks for all the help. I suppose I'll have many questions once I start using it.
mrstats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:08 PM   #12

Bob-

Just remember to us the "P" for Programed Auto Mode instead of of the Full Auto Mode. I suggest that as a lot of folks have been disappointed at the Full Auto images. The"P" mode works the same way as Full Auto, and you can make some changes such as ISO, Exposure Compensation, Flash Compensation, and Flash Modes. But you do not have to make any changes. Just use the "P" mode and get to know you new camera.

Good Luck, Bob. Keep in mind we will always be here to offer advice and suggestions.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 6:21 AM   #13

Quote:
Bob-

Just remember to us the "P" for Programed Auto Mode instead of of the Full Auto Mode. I suggest that as a lot of folks have been disappointed at the Full Auto images. The"P" mode works the same way as Full Auto, and you can make some changes such as ISO, Exposure Compensation, Flash Compensation, and Flash Modes. But you do not have to make any changes. Just use the "P" mode and get to know you new camera.

Good Luck, Bob. Keep in mind we will always be here to offer advice and suggestions.

Sarah Joyce

Thanks for the tip! I know I will need more of these to fully enjoy the camera.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Congratulations on your decision, Bob-

Give the S-90 a whirl and see what you think.

Sarah Joyce
I'm curious as well. My SD 800is is getting old, and I want more control at my finger tips. Really curious if the ergonomics are a pain or if the suggested work arounds are not to annoying to do
Ektachrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:19 PM   #15

ektachrome-

I own the Canon S-90 and I have not found the ergonomics to be a problem at all. It is a really good camera.

Sarah Joyce
Old Jul 23, 2010, 6:17 AM   #16

Quote:
ektachrome-

I own the Canon S-90 and I have not found the ergonomics to be a problem at all. It is a really good camera.

Sarah Joyce
I just received the camera this week and have only taken a few pictures inside using P Mode. I plan on taking many more pictures this weekend. The few pictures I took look very good, but I've only begun to scratch the surface.

On the ergonomics issue, I haven't used it enough to comment. I've read about a grip for the S90. Is this highly recommended?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:18 AM   #17

Bob-

Having just received the S-90 you can both see and appreciate that the surface of the S-90 is very smooth and rather slick. A grip is helpful, however, at $32.00 in price, you might want to explore alternative methods such as "grippy" tape and the like.

Sarah Joyce
Old Jul 24, 2010, 7:48 AM   #18

Quote:
Bob-

Having just received the S-90 you can both see and appreciate that the surface of the S-90 is very smooth and rather slick. A grip is helpful, however, at $32.00 in price, you might want to explore alternative methods such as "grippy" tape and the like.

Sarah Joyce
Do you have any information when the next model of the S-90 may be released? Thinking that the slick finish, easily turned wheel and flash location
maybe addressed?
Ektachrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 9:38 AM   #19

Ektachrome-

The theory is that Canon wants the replacement model for the S-90 in place, and on dealer's shelves in time for the 2010 Christmas market. However, that might be pushing the time frame a bit. If that theory was fact, the announcement should take place in the next month or so.

Keep in mind that the S-90 is selling fast and there is no sizable used market in S-90 cameras, that is what makes me, personally, think that the S-90's replacement could easily be put off a bit.

Sarah Joyce
Old Jul 24, 2010, 6:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Bob-

Sarah Joyce
Thanks for the information. I had the opportunity to play around with some of the scene settings, etc. I'm having fun! I'll post later when I have a chance to snap more photos with the camera.

Thanks again for all the help!