Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 24, 2010, 6:05 AM   #1

Default FZ35, ZS7 or wait for FZ45

Hello Sarah & other good people,

I am a newbee here using sony T10, N1, Nikon S7 and very regularly reading your posts on this forum since long. I am planning to buy a superzoom but am confused between FZ35, ZS7 and FZ45. I searched a lot about CCd and CMOS. I believe CCD is best for better still photography.Since CMOS are good for faster, high quality video, i have made a primary compromise that i can do with 720 video and not full HD and so camera without CMOS is fine. Now FZ45 is with dense packaging of 14 mp over same size CCD as in the FZ35. Similar arrangement is there in ZS7. Now since everybody is saying on Forums that ZS7 IQ is not good for indoors, won't similar problem be found on FZ45? And thus, do you think that there will be deterioration of IQ in FZ45 than in FZ35? Should i buy FZ35 now or i should buy ZS7 now and FZ45 later?

Thank you very much to you all in advance. Have a nice day ahead..

KrishnaS
KrishnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2010, 8:13 AM   #2

ZS7 is only 12Mp...the FZ35 performs well up to ISO800 and it will drop in price also...I have purchased 3 Used (Returned) FZ35's from Amazon Warehouse Deals and all three were like new other than the boxes being slightly used looking...actually one of them is the best of the lot and works extra well...as far as FZ45 we'll have to wait and see...I think you are correct about the CMOS sensor's though, hopefully Panasonic has done their homework and it won't take a lot of tweaking to get good shots out of the FZ100...

You simply can't go wrong with the FZ35...just go to the Panasonic/Leica Threads and start looking at all the excellent Macros, Indoor, Zoom shots made with the FZ35....it can do it all for cheap and has the optional Macro Lens and Teleconverter Lens for even more fun...it's size and weight is great...battery life is awesome...a great bang for the buck...I personally don't think there is no better bang for your buck out there...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:28 PM   #3

Sir, Do you believe that there can be deterioration of IQ for FZ45? I am allured with 24x zoom and 3inch lcd and latest image stabilization with new Intelligent Auto of FZ45.
KrishnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 2:03 PM   #4

krishna-

With their long record with super zoom cameras, Panasonic cannot afford to have any decrease in image quality,

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote