Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:38 PM   #11

Here's your pocket-sized point and shoot with everything, except zoom, but that's what feet are for;

http://en.leica-camera.com/photograp...ct_cameras/x1/

The price may be a little high right now, but save your pennies.

Dennis
denncald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven313 View Post
First time poster here. Just embarked on what will be several hours of research on what to replace the ancient Canon SD200 with. What's the best combination of zoom + low light + pocketable form factor? Some thoughts:

TL350 - I like the feature set, especially the OLED screen. Is the picture quality anywhere near best-in-class?
There seems to be a growing consensus that the quality of the pictures from the TL350 that are starting to be posted by new owners, are better than expected. It looks like a very promising best-in-class, 5x zoom, low-light pocketable P&S cam.

More images need to be posted to be sure, but maybe "finally"... !
Sky
skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2010, 11:08 PM   #13

That sounds very positive, Sky-

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 4:08 PM   #14

I went ahead and ordered a TL350. For $285, it has alot of features packed in, and I have 30 days to see if I like it or not. Thanks everyone for all your input!
Raven313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 5:11 PM   #15

Raven-

Congratulations on your purchase of the Samsung TL-350. It looks like a very good camera.

Sarah Joyce
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:44 AM   #16

Hi Raven,

Congrats on ordering your new camera. Looking forward to your first impressions.

Sky
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post
There seems to be a growing consensus that the quality of the pictures from the TL350 that are starting to be posted by new owners, are better than expected. It looks like a very promising best-in-class, 5x zoom, low-light pocketable P&S cam.

Sky
This is not a low-light cam. It is better than most of the pocketable competition but it still falls way behind the Samsung EX1, Canon S90 and Panasonic LX3/LX5. The pictures are also quite soft as we have come to expect from these backlit CMOS sensors.

You are free to do as you wish but sending people out to spend their hard earned money based on your false statements isn't right imho. Try presenting the facts and letting them decide instead of making false claims such as "best-in-class" and "low-light pocketable P&S cam" of which this cam is neither.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 4:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post

Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveO View Post
This is not a low-light cam. It is better than most of the pocketable competition but it still falls way behind the Samsung EX1, Canon S90 and Panasonic LX3/LX5. The pictures are also quite soft as we have come to expect from these backlit CMOS sensors.

You are free to do as you wish but sending people out to spend their hard earned money based on your false statements isn't right imho. Try presenting the facts and letting them decide instead of making false claims such as "best-in-class" and "low-light pocketable P&S cam" of which this cam is neither.
Folks can compare what I said in my post (copy above) to your obnoxious conclusions. They will know the truth that I just pointed out “potential” and not your twisted way of interpreting my post. Where did you get my comparison of lowlight to the EX1, S90 and LX3/LX5 from? I NEVER even remotely hinted that the TL350/WB2000 can compete with those “known for lowlight” cameras. They are in a DIFFERENT CLASS!!! You just pulled that out from “somewhere” and are trying to make it appear that I said that. You are very, very twisted.

What part of “growing consensus”, “looks like a very promising”, and “More images need to be posted to be sure” didn’t you understand? I don’t see where I flatly stated anything. Again your twisted way of interpreting other people’s posts with a special focus on mine. And don’t try to pick some posted pictures to try to prove that the TL350/WB2000 pictures are soft. There are MANY sharp ones as well and to this point, much more sharp ones than a few soft ones. And just to be sure you understand: “More images need to be posted to be sure.”

Ever since I said I returned the ZS7 that I bought due to “my opinion” of excessive noise reduction smearing on “some” low-light photos, you have taken a personal vendetta against me. I know you own a ZS3 and felt very, very offended at my conclusion. You kept insisting that I didn’t show proof of the NR smearing by posting photos despite the fact that I said I refuse to post pictures of my friends that I took at a dinner that exhibited the NR smearing on the internet. Anyone who read the subject posts will know that I also touted the ZS7’s excellent picture quality in good light. You yourself have in many posts said very negative things about the ZS7’s lowlight picture quality and have recommended against buying it if that is a priority. So I didn’t like it’s lowlight NR smearing and you don’t like it’s lowlight PQ but the end result is the same. SO WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?

Now you are making flat accusations against what I just posted (copy above) and you don’t even own or have used a TL350/WB2000. You are so critical of my opinion after ACTUALLY BUYING AND USING A ZS7 while you make factual like statements WITHOUT ACTUALLY USING a TL350 or WB2000. You are making your God like conclusions by only a very tiny amount of photos that have been posted by actual users. So I have to post pictures that “I took” to prove my opinion but you can make flat statements without posting pictures that “you took”. Mind boggling!

You somehow have a HUGE bone to pick with the Sony backlit sensor. Even when I said that backlit CMOS sensors are just now making their appearance in P&S cameras, you had to post and say that it is old technology and blah, blah, blah. Regardless of when the backlit sensor was first announced, everyone else knows that it is just recently (like within the last year) making it appearance in mass produced cameras. You can ramble on with your obnoxious statements but everyone else knows the truth and how ignorant your statements really are. They are just poison statements directed at me since you have a personal vendetta against me.

I asked you before to stop policing other people’s posts and especially to stop policing MY posts. *** Now I’m asking the steves-digicam’s administrators. Are you policing your forums? Why don’t you stop this poison person from ruining the image of your forums? Do you want your forums to be polluted with back & forth arguments that hijack other people’s threads? WHERE IS THE “REAL” STEVES-DIGICAM POLICE? Please instruct FiveO to stop responding to ALL of my posts or that you will ban him from your website. EDIT: And instruct him to stop mentioning my name in his posts when I didn't even participate in the thread! ***

To everyone else. You can do a search on FiveO’s name and see all of the insulting posts that he’s made toward other people, not just me. He will insert small poison comments toward others as if he is the supreme, all knowing, always right poster on these forums. He might insert a “not to be nasty” or similar comment to try to cover up his poison statements but will make them never-the-less. See for yourselves.

Sky

Last edited by skylark; Jul 29, 2010 at 7:06 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 6:58 PM   #19

Five-O-

Here in this Forum we have always been proud of the spirit of helping and friendliness that flows through our Forum.

Your post above, in my opinion is "over the top." This is not the first argumentative, and impolite post you have posted in this Forum. You may indeed come from a "knock'em down, drag'em out philosophy, but I sincerely believe that the majority of posters in this Forum do not subscribe to that philosophy.

It is not hard to be polite and caring of other persons feelings. Most of us manage to do it easily. The attitude model that you continue to express, may be tolerated in the www.dpreview Forums, but it is foreign to us here at Steve's.

Quite honestly, I do not think we should change what has been normal and accepted here in this Forum, to accept your style of posting. I have stayed silent for a long time about the type and style of your posts. Now I am joining with Skylark and formally protesting this kind of post.

If the Forum decision is to tolerate this attitude, form, aggression, and style, it is time for me too to move elsewhere.

Sarah Joyce
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:54 PM   #20

If u see some pics of Samsung TL350..It is really nice camera under 300 $.. Still very few people is having this camera...and every camera is having it is own pros and cons ..No camera is perfect ...
sandeepsaman is offline   Reply With Quote