Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:33 PM   #21

So how would you compare the XSi with a all around lens, EPL1 with an all around lens, and a S90 when it comes to size and ease of use?
Teecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:36 PM   #22

to be honest, the epl-1 can do everything the XSi can do, except for action shooting. As both are good to 1600iso. I shoot a t1i, and the only thing the epl-1 can not do against the t1i is extreme low light and action.

Both will put the s90 to shame, especially if you get creative with your camera, with shallow dof work and macro work. You will have allot cleaner and sharper image. Though the epl-1 is not great for action compare to a dslr, it is still better then all the point and shoots for action shooting
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:57 PM   #23

Just one more bit of info about the epl-1. The XSi has a edge in shallow dof, as it has a larger sensor. So you will not get as much a blur effect as your aps-c XSi.

But you do get the best jpeg engine on the market, right out of the camera, the jpegs are excellent. Most the photos I post form the epl-1 need little to no editing to get them right.

Last edited by shoturtle; Aug 9, 2010 at 10:59 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:42 PM   #24

So I got the EPL-1 and my wife loves it. It takes great pics for us. The low light pictures are wonderful. The size of the camera is perfect for our needs. I just wanted to say you guys helped a ton and thank you.

Here is our family blog. Some of the recent posts are taken with the new camera, especially the vacation pics.

http://thedailydover.com/
Teecee is offline   Reply With Quote