Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 20, 2010, 3:24 AM   #1

Default $299.99 to $350 SLR like Camera with 20X zoom and HD video.

So i'm looking for $300-350 Point and shoot SLR style camera with 20X and up zoom and Good HD video Quality.So far the only camera i found and which i like is fz35. Too bad it's only 18x while the other competitors have x20 and up to x26.. but it doesn't disappoint me because i like the fact that you can control aperture in video.
idenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2010, 4:59 AM   #2

Yes, I have 3 FZ35's that I bought used and they were all Like New when we got them...Amazon Warehouse Deals has a used one for $275 like new...with a 30 day return...get it...try it out...and you'll be very happy (I didn't say return it because you will really enjoy it!) We own 3 of the FZ35's and they are a great camera...

For Extended Zoom on the FZ35 you just reduce the Mp from 12Mp to 8Mp that will give you 21X Zoom and you can print 8X10 from that easily!
It is designed this way...also if you drop the Mp to 5Mp it goe to 28X then if you really just have to have a shot of something miles away drop the rez to 3Mp and it goes to 32X I think?
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Yes, I have 3 FZ35's that I bought used and they were all Like New when we got them...Amazon Warehouse Deals has a used one for $275 like new...with a 30 day return...get it...try it out...and you'll be very happy (I didn't say return it because you will really enjoy it!) We own 3 of the FZ35's and they are a great camera...

For Extended Zoom on the FZ35 you just reduce the Mp from 12Mp to 8Mp that will give you 21X Zoom and you can print 8X10 from that easily!
It is designed this way...also if you drop the Mp to 5Mp it goe to 28X then if you really just have to have a shot of something miles away drop the rez to 3Mp and it goes to 32X I think?
reaaly 32x? is it optical or digital zooming?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:24 AM   #4

Optical they reduce the area of the Sensor thereby creating an Intelligent Extended Zoom Panasonic calls it EZ Zoom

...if you turn on the Digital at 3Mp the FZ35 goes to 140X Zoom!!!
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Optical...if you turn on the Digital at 3Mp the FZ35 goes to 140X Zoom!!!
god! i love it!!!!!

So what about video quality i've checked some video tests on youtube i like it. how about video from your point of view ? is it good? because i would like to shoot some videos too..
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:47 AM   #6

Video is great from the few I have taken...stabilization can be challenging in video so once I learned this I made sure I stabilized the FZ35 during video...and the videos turned out great...
The stabilization challenged video was a group of us with a few beers and using a Polaris RZR to pull a Snow Sled (With several "Guinea Pigs" inside)down a creek with 6" to 18" of water in the creek bed...so that could have been a factor also...lol..."here hold my beer and watch this"