Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:04 AM   #1

Default KODAK EasyShare Z915 Or OLYMPUS Stylus-7010

I am looking to buy a camera and need help on which one would be the best.

I am looking at the KODAK EasyShare Z915 and the OLYMPUS Stylus-7010.

I have not brought a new camera for over 25 years and need a new camera and do not know anything about these new ones out on the market today.

Office Max has these to on sale at a price of : KODAK = $99.99 with a saveings of $100.00

and

OLYMPUS has theirs on sale for $129.99 with a Saveings of $70.00. With this one you get the PLYMPUS 1GB xD card with the purchase of this Camera.

What is the PRO'S and CON'S on each camera, and which is the better buy compareing cameras?

If you know of any other deals that is better than this or a better camera in the same price range please let me know about it.

Thank-You

Now looking at the Canon A3100 compareing this with the other 2 cameras which is the best deal, I should say which is the better camera?

Althrough the Canon cost $149.00 and you could get it for $139. You get everything with this camera, the chip for pictures, charger for the battery, where the other two you would have to buy batteries or the chip for pictures and so on.

Can any one tell me which is the better one of the three?

Last edited by Eaglw Eye; Aug 24, 2010 at 4:10 AM.
Eaglw Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:36 AM   #2

Eaglw Eye-

There is no indication of where in the world you live, so I can only be camera specific, not location specific. It appears that you want to keep your camera cost to the bare minimum. Therefore you might consider a refurbished camera as well.

As you can see, by looking right under my name, I am a resident of the USA. I recently purchased a refurbished Canon A-480 for one of the grandchildren for $(US)41.00 or roughly 25 pounds sterling.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Eaglw Eye-

There is no indication of where in the world you live, so I can only be camera specific, not location specific. It appears that you want to keep your camera cost to the bare minimum. Therefore you might consider a refurbished camera as well.

As you can see, by looking right under my name, I am a resident of the USA. I recently purchased a refurbished Canon A-480 for one of the grandchildren for $(US)41.00 or roughly 25 pounds sterling.

Sarah Joyce

Thank-You Joyce

Yes I am trying to keep the cost down and get the best camera for my money.

In fact I never thought about a Refurbished Camera.

Now comes what is the best refurbished camera for the price that I mentioned in the range of $100 to $150.00?

You ask where I am from OHIO.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:32 PM   #4

EagleEye-

Now we have to make our first basic decision: Are you purchasing this camera to learn more about photography and how to take better photos, or is this just an ordinary snap shot camera that will always be used in good to excellent lighting conditions?

If you want to learn more about photography, I would suggest the Kodak Z-915 camera. It has 10X optical zoom, 10mp, and can take very good photos even in poor lighting conditions, if you learn how to set-up the Z-915 properly. It is selling for right around $100.00.

If you want to learn about photography and want to have HD video as well, then you should move up a notch to the Kodak Z-950 camera which has 10X optical zoom, 12mp, and can do HD video and you can zoom while filming. Like the Z-915 it can produce excellent photos even under adverse lighting conditions, as long as you set up the camera properly.

If you want to go "bare bones" and just get the cheapest camera possible, then you should be looking for a Canon A-480 on E-Bay. As I mentioned earlier, I found a nice Canon refurbished A-480 on E-Bay for $41.00 delivered to my house.

Naturally, I am sure you are interested in what kind of photo can that $41 Canon A-480 really take?? So just click on the link below and you will see a photo I took for my E-Bay sales before I wrapped the camera for the grand daughter. Frankly I was surprised at how well that $41 Canon A-480 really did:

http://anchorse.smugmug.com/Other/Ca...8_qk2Y2-XL.jpg

We can work our way through all the cameras that I mention in my replies, so be assured I will be with you through your final camera decision.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
EagleEye-

Now we have to make our first basic decision: Are you purchasing this camera to learn more about photography and how to take better photos, or is this just an ordinary snap shot camera that will always be used in good to excellent lighting conditions?

If you want to learn more about photography, I would suggest the Kodak Z-915 camera. It has 10X optical zoom, 10mp, and can take very good photos even in poor lighting conditions, if you learn how to set-up the Z-915 properly. It is selling for right around $100.00.

If you want to learn about photography and want to have HD video as well, then you should move up a notch to the Kodak Z-950 camera which has 10X optical zoom, 12mp, and can do HD video and you can zoom while filming. Like the Z-915 it can produce excellent photos even under adverse lighting conditions, as long as you set up the camera properly.

If you want to go "bare bones" and just get the cheapest camera possible, then you should be looking for a Canon A-480 on E-Bay. As I mentioned earlier, I found a nice Canon refurbished A-480 on E-Bay for $41.00 delivered to my house.

Naturally, I am sure you are interested in what kind of photo can that $41 Canon A-480 really take?? So just click on the link below and you will see a photo I took for my E-Bay sales before I wrapped the camera for the grand daughter. Frankly I was surprised at how well that $41 Canon A-480 really did:

http://anchorse.smugmug.com/Other/Ca...8_qk2Y2-XL.jpg

We can work our way through all the cameras that I mention in my replies, so be assured I will be with you through your final camera decision.

Sarah Joyce

Joyce

Out of the 4 cameras that we are talking about which one is the best all around camera?

I am not a professanor just a person that wants to have very sharp clear pictures.

What is your feeling about the Canon A3100?

You talk about the Kodak Z-915, you say you have to set it up for picture, I am not one to set a camera up. That is way I am looking for a simple camera, but a good camera to use.

That is way am asking about the Canon A3100. for $121.00.

Give me more infro on these cameras. I am so happy that you are willing to help me, and I can not thank-you enough.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:18 PM   #6

EagleEye-

My first choice would be the Kodak Z915 at about $100.00 You can shoot it in full automatic as well as manual.

If you want HD video, my second choice is the Kodak Z-950 at about $125.00

My third choice is the Canon A-3100, because it only has 4X optical zoom.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:09 PM   #7

I found a place that has the Kodak Z915 for $70.00 is this a good buy?

What do they sell for NEW?

This was a Refurbished one.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:37 PM   #8

EagleEye-

Kodak Z-915 camera sell right at $100.00. I have seen them as low as $85 on sale. So $70 for a refurbished Z-915 is logical as long as the shipping charges are not too high.

Do keep in mind that a new Z-915 comes with a full 1 year guarantee. A refurbished camera usually comes with only a 90 day guarantee.

Sarah Joyce