Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:33 PM   #31

Yeah now that it is closer to $200 cheaper, I think I will go ahead and order that as soon as I get home. I doubt I will be using it for video very much anyways because I use my camcorder, and if I need video in a pinch when I dont have my camcorder with me, I will probably have the compact with me anyways to shoot video. And I guess the video in this will be better than nothing. And as far as ISO, do you even use ISO that high anyways (over 3200) very often? And plus I have 90 days even to see if this camera is right for me.
dj76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:46 PM   #32

well video on a dslr is not as easy to shoot. I find it uncomfortable to shoot video with a long lens when using the lcd. It is not balance that well. But for 200 less, you can add the ef-s 55-250 lens for great reach.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:53 PM   #33

One more thing for you shoturtle since you have this camera. Do you have or know of a good bag for just the camera with that 18-55 lens? I know I will need a bigger bag when I get more lenses, but do you have a small bag to just carry it around in with that one lens? Or is that a good idea to have a small bag that just fits that? I would imagine that would make it that much more convenient. But also it probably won't be in the bag that much either! And for the memory card, is a class 6 recommended? Anything else you think is important to get right away? Is any kind of filter a good idea to protect the lense?
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:01 PM   #34

I have like 6 different bag or case for the t1i. When I go with just 1 short lens, I use a simple case around the camera, I found one in germany for about 15 dollars and it works great. And when I need more room, I use tamrac velocity 6x sling for just 2 lenses or I use the crumpler 5mdh shoulder bag. But you will most likely want to add at least a telephoto lens, so I would get something like the crumpler 5mdh, or kata 3n1 or lowepro that carries just 2 lenses.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:04 PM   #35

Ok I will check those out then. Thank you. Anything else of importance I need to get right away besides a memory card? Any particular brands to avoid or that work better than others? Class 6 good?
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:12 PM   #36

avoid ADATA, not reliable for memory cards.

SanDisk, Delkin, Laxar, Panasonic, Transcend all make good cards. If you shoot in burst mode, get at least a class 6, but for long burst a class 10 will be better. 8BG would be a good size. Anything small can go fast on a long shooting weekend with the 6mb files you get in jpeg in the largest format.