Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:22 PM   #21

Yes, that is where it is on mine, but pushing it does not give me a macro option - only normal and manual. Is it possible there is something wrong with my camera?
sunshinegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:04 AM   #22

sunshinegirl-

No, there is nothing wrong with your camera. All you have to do is this: press the 9 o'clock button on the 4 way controller and bring up the menu, then press the 9 o'clock button a second time to select macro. The macro symbol it that little tulip.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 4:33 PM   #23

As I mentioned, I have tried what you suggested - repeatedly. The "tulip" symbol never appears on the menu under any auto setting no matter what I do. It is rather frustrating.

I will try posting this in the Canon forum and see if anyone else has any ideas.
sunshinegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:46 PM   #24

Sunshinegirl

1. Place the mode Selector to "P" for Programed Auto. It works exactly the same as the full auto mode.

2. Push the 9 o"clock position of the 4 way controller. A menu will showing the tulip symbol to the right hand side of the menu, that is why you press the 9 o'clock position of the 4 way controller a second time to mover the selection over to cover the little tulip icon.

3. After the second click the displayed menu will disappear and you are returned to your shooting menu, and the tulip symbol is now in the bottom right hand side of the LCD screen telling you that you are in the macro or close-up mode.

Our daughter still has my SX-130, but I just verified the steps listed above on my SX-110 and I was able to get to macro in either full automatic or "P" for Programed auto mode.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Sep 28, 2010 at 6:33 PM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote