Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 20, 2010, 2:57 PM   #31

Just an update for those of you that were so helpful and gave me sooo much info! My niece picked out the z-915. She wanted the zoom, compactness, video, but she also wanted something inexpensive because she didn't want to stress out about something happening to it while she's traveling. She knows it won't be up to the task of indoor/low light but she figures it will work for snapshots with the flash with her friends after the performance and an all around camera for sight-seeing.

Also, my sister decided to go with the FZ100. We had to order it direct from Panasonic to get my husband's discount (that was an experience...there were several communication issues) but finally got a ups tracking number and supposedly it will be here tomorrow. My poor sister has the flu so I get to test it out for her for a couple of days.

Thanks again for your help!
purpleehobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2010, 7:48 PM   #32

Diana-

Thanks for the update. Congratulations to your niece, I think she will really enjoy the Kodak Z-915. Have fun with your FZ-100 Testing Duties.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:18 AM   #33

Well Sarah,

So far I'm not having a lot of luck. It's making me wonder if I can use a DSLR. I mean, if I can't get good shots with a bridge camera... The video is very nice though.

Diana
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:31 PM   #34

Diana-

There is indeed a slightly different workflow and technique to using a DSLR camera. It takes some practice and it is not like a P+S camera. Therefore, you will need some practice to iron out the kinks.

If there is anything that I can help you with, please let me know.

Sarah Joyce
Old Sep 23, 2010, 1:51 PM   #35

I'm not quite sure what i'm doing wrong to ask for help on. I may post in the panasonic folder. I put it on P, Limited Iso to 400, center focus, auto wb putdoors or with flash but still getting pretty blurry pictures outdoors. My difficulties are making my husband question my ability to use a dslr.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 6:23 PM   #36

Diana-

Please post in the Canon DSLR folder where you will get the most help.

To get you started, I would suggest that you use the "P" mode, and ISO Auto. That wil automatical increase the ISO speed as required, and prevent those slow shutter speed, blurred photos.

Yes, posting some photo samples would be helpful as well.

Sarah Joyce
Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:48 PM   #37

Oops. I wasnt very clear. Im still test the panasonic fz100. Im going out tmrw for another try. I will post some of those.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 5:35 PM   #38

speed up your shutter speed. btw, are these daytime pics you're talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleehobbit View Post
I'm not quite sure what i'm doing wrong to ask for help on. I may post in the panasonic folder. I put it on P, Limited Iso to 400, center focus, auto wb putdoors or with flash but still getting pretty blurry pictures outdoors. My difficulties are making my husband question my ability to use a dslr.
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 6:42 PM   #39

pcake-

I don't think that we will hear much from Diana much until she finishes testing that Panasonic FZ-100 for a relative.

Sarah Joyce
Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:29 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
pcake-

I don't think that we will hear much from Diana much until she finishes testing that Panasonic FZ-100 for a relative.

Sarah Joyce
Very true. I was out all day today and took about 800 pictures at 3 ..well 4 if you count my house, different locations. I'm exhausted!!!

I still have to study for my differential equations test tomorrow morning... and then find the best way to resize, compress, and post pictures on here or link to another site. I don't know, lol. I usually upload them to facebook and let it do its thing to share with my friends and family

but I will post in the panasonic folder.

Diana