Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 12, 2010, 11:39 PM   #31

Thanks- I'll look it up.
How do you let the camera process photos more?
j320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 11:45 PM   #32

I increase the sharpness, saturation, color tone and contrast in the user define picture styles.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:05 AM   #33

That sounds complicated. Maybe I can try that in a few years.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:07 AM   #34

actually it is pretty easy. PM me if you want to try it once you get the camera. It would make it a lot easier to understand the steps
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:16 AM   #35

Thanks- after reading this forum in the past, I was worried that I would have to fix each picture. I'm not sure what I'm getting into and don't want to get in over my head.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:28 AM   #36

dslr were really design for allot of pp editing, that is why they do not process that much. That is why I love the epl-1. The photos are nearly perfect right out of the camera. I rarely have to edit to improve them. But for action need you have, it is not the best choice over the t1i.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:36 AM   #37

Hey j320,

I am a novice to DSLRs like you and wanted one to replace an old P&S mainly because we have a new baby and wanted better low light performance and also for speed when he starts walking around and stuff. I just got the T1i last Friday and actually today is the first day I had a chance to start playing around with it, and it is amazing the low light pictures you can take without the flash. I haven't used auto yet, but P mode works great, and I have tried messing around with the other modes to see what it can do. The people on this forum give great advice and it is true to just play around with it to learn. But since the photos come out great in P mode, I think auto would do fine too, at least better than the P&S. I just got mine with the one kit lens at Costco online, which is the same price as Amazon now. I figure if I get a little bit at a time I won't have to put out all the money at once. But any pictures I take now with just this lens and without an external flash are still way better than what I took before indoors.
dj76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:49 AM   #38

shoturtle
I played with the epl-1 at the store and liked it. What type of pictures is it good for?
dj76
Thanks for the encouragement. I have missed so many photo ops because I can't decide on a camera.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:57 AM   #39

The epl-1 is good for everything but action and very low light shooting. But like the t1i, you will need to match it with the right lens when shooting in low light. I use the panasonic 20mm 1.7 for low light shooting with the epl-1. But I also shoot the kit lenses or panasonic 45-200mm on a tripod for long exposure night shots. Here are some of the the thing the epl-1 is very good at. But I did add the optional VF2 which makes it allot easier to use, as I do not like shooting off the lcd.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ar...t-germany.html

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/tr...m-germany.html

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/tr...ris-night.html

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/tr...ip-philly.html

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/tr...couver-bc.html

Every one of these thread except to the paris night shots and 1 photo in the philly series were taken with the kit lens.

Last edited by shoturtle; Sep 13, 2010 at 1:07 AM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:06 AM   #40

Great photos and very clear but you're right, I didn't see action photos.
We live about an hour and half south of Philly and visited 2x this summer. Nice city with lots to see.