Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 24, 2010, 5:06 PM   #11

Thanks for everyone's help. I did more research all morning while my son napped and it came down to the Sony hx1, Canon s95 and Canon sx20 is. I am going to go with the Canon sx20 is. I think it fits what I am looking for video's,pics etc. I would like to know if anyone has any good or bad things to say about the sx20 is before I go pick it up. Thank you all for being so helpful and I am sorry I may have been confusing.
gcavvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 7:01 PM   #12

GCAvvv-

Camera choices do indeed vary a lot. However, as you desire a super zoom camera, let me just note that there are better choices.

CNet ranks the SX-20 like two steps forward and one step back. It is a slow camera, not well adapted to the kind of shooting you have spoken about. It is just my opinion, but the Panasonic FZ-35 is lighter, faster, has better high ISO capability, and is more adapted to child photography. A lot of the professional reviews place the FZ-35 ahead of the SX-20.

But this is your choice, of course. Just look at the number of postings (and many photo samples) on this website, for the FZ-35 versus the Canon SX-20. It is a telling comparison.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 7:06 PM   #13

Thank you so much Sarah. I thought I made my choice and the main reason I was stepping away from a DSLR was the no HD video which is very important to me but my hubby just showed me the Canon rebel T1i and pointed out it does HD video so now I am stuck again. Is the rebel T1 i a good choice? Do any other DSLR's do HD like the rebel? I feel like tearing my hair out.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 7:55 PM   #14

gcavvv-

The Pentax Kx, the Nikon D-5000, the Nikon D-3100, and the Canon T-1i all do video.

Sarah Joyce
Old Sep 24, 2010, 7:58 PM   #15

From your professional opinion which out of those camera's is the best quality for images,shooting action and low light? Were going tonight to pick the camera I choose.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:30 PM   #16

gcavvv-

You find the best price on the Pentax Kx. The Nikon D-3100 and D-5000 will have limited lens choices, the Canon T-1 is very good but some users have a small problem with the ergonomics.

At the outset, it would be very important indeed to physically handle these cameras, as DSLR cameras feel differently in hand, and you might favor one over the other. All are good cameras, but they easch have their own feature set.

Sarah Joyce