Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:20 PM   #11
Super Moderator

yea, indoor image quality without flash will not be much different. but the flash on the FZ40 is considerably more powerful than the ZS3, so if you are ok with using flash indoors, it will be an improvement.

the FZ40 is the better camera of those 3 mentioned, plus it gives you the 25mm wide angle, more zoom, and is panasonic similar to your zs3 giving you similar style of photos. that review is not really one i would put much stock in to be honest.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:22 PM   #12

So should I order Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 rather than the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX1? Or is there a better comparable choice for the price?
One mans sad moment; is another mans Kodak moment. The flash in the pan only lasts but so long... Adjust your focus to the shot you got... That pixel on the face of realities wave is you, ride with style, and when the other pixels greet you may it be with a smile, even if they are but laughing at you rather than with... joy is the flash in the pixels, be a Super Bowl to the stadium of pixels around you. OK I feel better now...
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:23 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Yes, i think that since you are happy with the ZS3, you will be quite pleased with the FZ40.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:24 PM   #14

I would said have your wife handle both first to see which one's ergo set up she prefer.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
that review is not really one i would put much stock in to be honest.
That was one I googled. I have learned a lot from this forum.

Another forum I love is this one.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1007/10...fz40.asp#specs
  • Motion images can be recorded continuously for up to 29min 59 sec in European PAL areas
Does this mean you only get 30 minutes at a time of motion picture recording with the FZ40?
One mans sad moment; is another mans Kodak moment. The flash in the pan only lasts but so long... Adjust your focus to the shot you got... That pixel on the face of realities wave is you, ride with style, and when the other pixels greet you may it be with a smile, even if they are but laughing at you rather than with... joy is the flash in the pixels, be a Super Bowl to the stadium of pixels around you. OK I feel better now...
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:39 PM   #16
Super Moderator

that is for the mpeg (motion jpeg) mode.

it will record until the card is full in AVCHD format as far as i know.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
I would said have your wife handle both first to see which one's ergo set up she prefer.
Anything with a grip has got to be better than the ZS3 to handle, and if the FZ40 is hands down the better option, I just don't see the point of having to relearn another format when I am still struggling getting dialed into the ZS3 as it is. She actually agrees.

Oh yeah its our anniversary tonight. 19 years~!!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:47 PM   #18

That does make sense.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:47 PM   #19
Super Moderator

big congrats on your anniversary
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
Yes, i think that since you are happy with the ZS3, you will be quite pleased with the FZ40.
Will I need to upgrade the battery?

What is the largest memory card you would recommend? Can you get too high of a memory card? I want to get like a 32 G class 6.