Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:55 PM   #21
Super Moderator

if you want a spare battery then get one, if not, just charge it between use.

this camera is new, so it will handle the new larger capacity cards. a 32gb class 6 will work just fine.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:22 PM   #22

So I am looking through Google images to find a cool pic for my girl so I did.

But I also found this...

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/11313.html

Best Cameras...

Super Zoom
This is a tricky category because there is so much crap on the market within this genre. However, Nikon succeeded in producing a Super Zoom that covered most of the necessary bases and then some. The Nikon Coolpix P100 has 1080p video recording, impressive image quality, plenty of manual controls, Scene modes, and a 26x optical zoom lens. We also got 240fps high-speed video recording for slow motion, 10-megapixel burst shooting at 10fps, and a 26mm wide-angle lens. The Nikon Coolpix P100 is hard to beat in this category.
One mans sad moment; is another mans Kodak moment. The flash in the pan only lasts but so long... Adjust your focus to the shot you got... That pixel on the face of realities wave is you, ride with style, and when the other pixels greet you may it be with a smile, even if they are but laughing at you rather than with... joy is the flash in the pixels, be a Super Bowl to the stadium of pixels around you. OK I feel better now...
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
if you want a spare battery then get one, if not, just charge it between use.
Its just that the ZS3 battery was lame, the upgrade I managed to get in battery life, was substantial. That is why I even brought it up.
One mans sad moment; is another mans Kodak moment. The flash in the pan only lasts but so long... Adjust your focus to the shot you got... That pixel on the face of realities wave is you, ride with style, and when the other pixels greet you may it be with a smile, even if they are but laughing at you rather than with... joy is the flash in the pixels, be a Super Bowl to the stadium of pixels around you. OK I feel better now...
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:35 PM   #24
Super Moderator

one thing to keep in mind. this "infosync" is a general electronics website.

not to say the nikon is bad per se. but in general this line has fallen a bit short of the canon and panasonic offerings.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:54 PM   #25

Did you ever try a slave flash for the zs3? I have the ZS7 and love the camera and as long as you don't go beyond the recommended distance for indoor flash shots it does a pretty good job.
Warren
warren83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:15 AM   #26

No not yet.

After doing my due diligence I think spending $70 more on the FZ100, than the FZ40, could be the ticket.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Comparison

So how do guys like the FZ100 for the price?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:21 AM   #27
Super Moderator

If video is of importance I would say definitely worth it. For still images, I am not convinced there is a big difference between the FZ40/FZ100, and you could go either way.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:24 AM   #28

Video is huge.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:28 AM   #29
Super Moderator

Then its worth the FZ100, if for nothing else than the CMOS sensor to avoid purple streaking in high contrast situations. plus you get 1080 vs 720p. so yea, worth the 70$ for you then for sure.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:45 AM   #30

That is funny because I was just about to ask you for a quick take on the difference in sensors, cause that was one of the things that had me endeared to the Nikon.

One of the features I also love on the FZ100 is that it's waterproof.

What is really funny is how I am spending twice as much for a camera that seems inferior to the one I already possess, just so my girl can have a bulkier easy to grip camera.

(It does have twice the zoom as my ZS3 so...)