Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:42 AM   #11

Thank you, do you know the diference between the pentax k-r and the k-x? Is the k-r just like a new k-x, will the k-x be phased out?
marubex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:45 AM   #12

the K-r is a higher end model, it can shoot at 25600 iso, has the led AF indicator, and a update AF system. The k-x and k-r will most likely marketed like the t1i and t2i
Old Oct 18, 2010, 2:17 PM   #13

Right now i am torn between the pentax k-x, (excellent price), the pentax k-r (new autofocus features) and canon T2i ( higher movie resolution, HDMI por, and everybody seems to love it). Which once produces the best direct sprint photos? Is the full HD movie really setter than the pentax 720 quality?
And the kit lenses?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 2:23 PM   #14

rikmeister-

Where did you find the KX on sale under $400?? The lowest price I have seen is around $470.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 2:23 PM   #15

the pentax with the 2 lens kit 55-300 is auto focus faster then the canon 55-250, but but both are pretty sharp. The 18-55 on both kits are about the same. So if you get a 2 lens kit the pentax and a slight edge with the longer lens.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 2:25 PM   #16

I think you're going to be hard pressed to see much difference in IQ from any of the three cameras. You should realize though that all 3 are not going to do great in auto mode in indoor lighting (WB is probably going to be off with any of them). In low light, you're going to need to make adjustments to camera's metering and WB to get the best results. That goes for any camera. But all 3 have comparable sensors and should have comparable jpeg engines. I can't comment on the video performance though.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:43 PM   #17

Which once would be easier to use by a begginer like me, t2i, k-x or k-r? Will i miss the missing features in the k-x like the autofocus light in the viewfinder? Unfortunatedly there is no store around where i live where the sell pentax. What about the blur some have complained about?
I am leaning toward the k-x for the price, or t2i because more features and mp, and the k-r is about the ame price.
In terms of speed and ease of use how would you rate them?
Thanks again for bearing with me
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:52 PM   #18

the k-x is the easier transition as you can use it as a oversize point and shoot, think the k-r will have the same menu system.

The MP really do not matter, you will not really be able to see the difference. Nikon used 12mp on the FF camera, and have excellent results for a while now.

Stick a USM lens on the canon and it will be faster then the pentax.