Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:27 AM   #11

You know, I actually looked at the SX130 quite a bit, and it looked like a great choice, but I had two really insignificant problems with it that really clouded my judgment.

1. It runs on AA batteries. You may think that I'm crazy for saying this, but I don't like cameras that run on AA batteries. They're maybe a little bit more convenient, but I don't like it. There's also that whole adverse effect on the environment thing. Not only that, but they make the camera look bulky and weird, which brings me to my second problem.

2. The SX130 looks funny. Not haha funny either, I mean "is there something wrong with his face?" funny. It's a little bigger and bulkier than I want, and it has this cheap plasticky look which I just know would bother me.

All told, it looks to be a great camera and I hope you have a great experience with it, but in my case, those two "flaws" were too much for my feeble mind to overcome.
manarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:06 AM   #12

It sounds like the Canon SX-130 will not work for you.If you are ill-disposed to a camera there is no sense in giving it further consideration.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber
It sounds like the Canon SX-130 will not work for you.If you are ill-disposed to a camera there is no sense in giving it further consideration.
Uh ok? I guess you didn't read the last 3 or so posts. I already said that I ordered the ZS5.

My above post was in response to someone saying that they were getting the SX130.
manarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 1:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by manarius View Post
Thanks a lot. Your sample photos with the ZS7 were really the deciding factor for me. Well, that and the price.

I ended up biting the bullet and ordering the Panasonic ZS5 from Amazon. With free two-day shipping, it's slated to be here on Friday. I also ordered an 8GB Class 10 memory card for about $15, bringing my total to about $230. Good deal?

I looked at both the ZS5 and the ZS7, but eventually decided on the ZS5 because the better LCD screen, GPS, and AVCHD weren't worth the extra $40 to me.

We'll see how things go and maybe I'll post some pics here to let you guys know how things went.
Yes, Good deal and if you decide it's not what you want Amazon has the 30 hassle free return policy...they also had a used ZS7 like new for $213 which is a swinging deal most of them the boxes have just been opened...

Have fun and don't forget to post a few phots for us! The Panasonic P&S forum is an awesome place to learn and everyone there will help you with getting great photo's...one regular poster "Tulio" can help you set up the ZS5 very well...helped me with my ZS7 and got great results!
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote