Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 27, 2010, 2:12 PM   #11

yes I can, it is how you wish to read it. Since the post is very vague. So I go with a narrow interpretation until more info is given.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 2:15 PM   #12

In this context it is perhaps an accurate assumption Tulio, since he or she is obviously very confused. Someone who does not know EOS and Rebel are the same models, or is going off of someones reccomendation ('I hear Canon is a reccomended brand' - as I said many entry people buy Canikon because of brand, not their actual merits ) may not know what is out there. I know someone who bought a nikon d3000 but thought all nikon lenses worked with it , and now is regretting buying it instead of Canon or Sony, since he planned to expand, but not spend more than $200 on a lens. So just reccomending the XSi and that's it may not be the way to go. Obvioisly it's an assumption, but if the OP says 'hey, I already decided Canon' then that's the end of it.
Shoturtle, to some people going professional often means a 7 level camera like a d7000 which is perhaps $1200- a lot of money. At that level there are options for all brands.Again, if the OP is planning on shooting pro football with a $6000 camera then he should mention it and then we know why he wants to go Canon.

No photographer is as good as the simplest camera. ~Edward Steichen
mrpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
yes I can, it is how you wish to read it. Since the post is very vague. So I go with a narrow interpretation until more info is given.
Most of the time you can but not always. I came across this post once whose title read something like "EPL1 sucks". Now, try to guess what the post was all about based on such a title and I guarantee you'll get it wrong once you read the content. The OP was wishing he could say that so he could then send the camera back and save some $$$. However, he found the EPL1 to be awesome and will have to keep it. See? very a misleading (but catchy) title.

Anyway, I hope you understand I agree with your very first answer to the OP's question. IMO, he was not vague at all. He specifically said that Canon was recommended (for all we know, he could have got the recommendation from another site) and he was confused about the various Rebel models. So, a very specific situation and you gave him a very specific answer. That's how it should be.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:38 PM   #14

like I said it comes down to how each of us reads it. There is no right or wrong way to read it.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:47 PM   #15

Yup, you are right shoturtle. Good way to put it.

No photographer is as good as the simplest camera. ~Edward Steichen
mrpete is offline   Reply With Quote