Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 28, 2010, 7:31 AM   #11

Thanks for letting me know I didnt realize it, I had not seen any pictures with it off and so did not go to any reviews on it. I will consider it as well as one of my options. has anyone had any experience with how long these cameras last before having problems? I dont want to again spend that much money to have them only last 2 years or so and have to replace them again at that time. Still kinda leaning towards an DSLR as my next step but also donw want to spend that much money and have it last only 2 years. I do have my sony to use if I want to carry a smaller camera. It would still be my camera of choice for carrying on horseback since it has such a protective case made for it. so many things to consider and details to work through...are there any other suggestions or pros and cons for which camera would be a good choice
randaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:16 AM   #12

The sx30 is a good camera, but it is a point and shoot, and will not produce the shots you are looking for with the kids running around indoors. Megazooms have their limitation besides not being great in lowlight. They are also not great for action, especially indoors.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:39 AM   #13

randaff...I would check out the FZ100 it is quite impressive...to me it out shot the SX30 and gave better renditions of the photos than the SX30...only in a few instances did the SX30 out gun the FZ100 and that was only due to the 840mm zoom, but dropping the FZ100 to 10Mp quickly caught it back up with EZ Zoom...
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...0-vs-sx30.html
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:53 AM   #14

I will check that out as well I can see how you lose some in the extra zoom in some instances. Do you know if the Canon flash would work on the FZ100
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:28 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by randaaf View Post
I will check that out as well I can see how you lose some in the extra zoom in some instances. Do you know if the Canon flash would work on the FZ100
Yes it works well with the Canon Flash attached...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:04 PM   #16

I am in a store that has the Sony A330 what are the views on it? It comes with two lens and is less then 500...just weighing my options
Old Oct 28, 2010, 1:35 PM   #17

It is not that good compare to other dslr's. It uses a CCD sensor still, so it does not preform well pass 1600iso. Also, the viewfinder on it is pretty smaller compare to other dslrs.

There are allot better dslr's s the same price range with a 2 lens kit.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:21 PM   #18

what camera would you recommend. I want a camera that is going to last a long time. Want to try and keep it under 700 if I can
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:29 PM   #19

under 700 with 2 lenses the pentax k-x is a very one. The lenses the 18-55 and 55-250

For about 800 the canon t1i, with the 18-55 and 55-250. And having the flash already will help out indoors.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:10 PM   #20

Thanks again for your help I found a Canon T1i for about 700 with both lenses on Amazon.com that I will probably get tomorrow. I am going to a local hhgregg store to see if they will do a price match so I wont have to wait for it to be shipped. I have not been able to find a store around here that sells the Pentax so I can see how it feels in my hands. one of the things I liked about the pentax over the canon in a review was the fact that it uses AA batteries...I will have to make sure I pick up at least one spare battery..So I guess unless something comes along bettery before I head to town tomorrow I will either have a canon in my hands or have one on order...
Thanks