Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:15 PM   #21

make sure the t1i 2 lens kit is the 55-250 for that price, the ef 75-300 is not that good of a lens optically.

sanyo eneloops are really good with the pentax, the are low discharge, so they keep there charge when not using them for a while. And with no internal flash uses, you can get about 1000 photos on a single charge.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:25 PM   #22

Thanks for the info on the lenses Amazon has a deal for either one I didnt know know that the one was not as good as the other and would have gone for the 300 for the extra zoom. I will make sure I get the 250... In my other canon ( the one that not work like it should I found the duracell rechargable batteries lasted the longest. I never tried the sanyo one...will let you know how I like my camera when I get it...
randaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:29 PM   #23

The 75-300 focus faster, but it is not as sharp as the 55-250. And it is not image stabilized like the 55-250. If you want a 300mm, the one to get is the ef 70-300 IS USM. It is fast to focus, shape, and image stabilized. But it is 450 dollars.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 6:20 AM   #24

That i good to know, I will remember that for any future lens purchses I make I definetly would want the stableizer especially if I dont happen to have a tripod. more then likely the 250 will be plenty of zoom for what I do right now. Thanks again for all your help
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:36 PM   #25

Thanks again for your help I went to the store to see about a price match...they couldnt do exactly the same but were able to get close and I would be able to get it right away and not wait a week for the shipping...but when they went to make sure they had one in the box they were out...the manager then worked it out where I ended up getting the T2i instead of the T1i for only 20.00 more...As soon as I figure out how to do it I post a picture I took while playing with it and learning how to use it
Old Oct 29, 2010, 3:34 PM   #26

That is a good deal for a t2i, it does hd video better.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:45 PM   #27

Lets see if this works. I uploaded 4 pics that I took this afternoon with my new camera

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/me...af-albums.html
Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:52 PM   #28

Looks like a good start, stopping down the aperture will lower the shallow dof on the line up shot. So more of the horses will be in focus, f10 to 11 would work well.

Last edited by shoturtle; Oct 29, 2010 at 5:16 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:01 PM   #29

thanks, I usually try to take pictures from eye level when I am doing animals but did not think about stooping when they all lined up so good, it is hard to catch them doing that and especially with most ears forward.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:14 AM   #30

My son shoots in RAW all the time with his T1i and then transfers them to I think Jpeg after loading on the computer. is there actually a lot of benifit to doing this vs shooting with the camera at the 18 MP of the T2i? I have plenty of computer space so that is not an issue just wanted to see how important it was...thanks