Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:21 PM   #1

Default Please Help

After weeks of reading I am more confused now than ever.I am wanting to buy the wife a new camera our current one is old (Kodak DX4330).She basically shoots the kids and family type stuff but would like to get into more,maybe take some classes and so on...I had my mind set on the Kodak Z981 but now am not sure, I was hoping to keep it at the $200 or so price range but would be willing to go up to $400 if necessary.If someone could give me 3-4 choices that would be good to go with for what she may need I would be much appreciated.If all goes well with her wanting to pursue this further we could cross that bridge when we get there.HELP !!! Thanks, Chris
c.vandamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:55 PM   #2

hiya-
someone directed me to this venue yesterday (since I was discussing replacing my damaged ZS7), it's Amazon Warehouse- I guess they sell open box returns that are basically new.

A lot of people here seem to like the Panasonic ZS7- you can get it for about $200 if you go thru Amazon warehouse. Amazon is great for returns (hence all the "warehouse" inventory) if you don't like it for some reason. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+ZS7&x=13&y=19

This is a nice little camera and does some of the best video around for a P&S. Just don't leave it out in the rain.
Under_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 3:15 PM   #3

will your wife be shooting your kids while they're running around? and what are her video needs? you might consider the panasonic fz35, which is a huge favorite around here, or its newer brother, the fz40.

don't be too put off by the negative reviews on any camera at places like amazon - there are always some.
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 5:01 PM   #4

I went with the Canon Rebel XS.
c.vandamme is offline   Reply With Quote