Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 30, 2010, 4:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumanji9 View Post
From what I saw on the ZS5, I am not worrying about the build quality at all. It feels it can take a tumble or two. Now, if you were to choice between the LX5 and ZS7 for video quality. Which would you pick?
The LX5 because 'low light' is much more common than you think. In your living room, dusk, inside the museum, at the bar or restaurant for grandma's 100th birthday ... It's crazy that Panasonic put mono sound on the LX5 but I'd gladly give up stereo sound for the versatility of the brighter lens and larger sensor.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 1:24 PM   #12

ooh, and it comes it white.
Under_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 4:04 AM   #13

Thanks for the advise all. I decided to get the LX5 even if its a little bigger than the ZS7. I hate to miss those low light mentions. Got it for $389 at JR.com with a coupon code. Too good of a deal to pass up.

And they have a white one too, lol.
chumanji9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 3:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumanji9 View Post
Thanks for the advise all. I decided to get the LX5 even if its a little bigger than the ZS7. I hate to miss those low light mentions. Got it for $389 at JR.com with a coupon code. Too good of a deal to pass up.

And they have a white one too, lol.
I'm sure you'll be quite happy with it. Great price too - about $20 less than Amazon when I checked the other day.