Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 30, 2010, 7:05 PM   #1

Default HDR question...again!

Hi there,

I'm an amateur/eventual photographer that loves HDR shootings. After some research, I came across that TRUE HDR is only achieved using computer software and here is my point, I do hate editing pics on computer! So I ask you: Is there any camera with decent/acceptable HDR built-in? My main shooting aim is landscapes.

Any ideas?
Thank you so much in advance,
Zoso777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2010, 1:35 PM   #2

Well the Pentax K7 (and now K5) is the first and maybe only camera that I know of that has HDR processing capabilities built in. Many cameras (actually most) have a bracketing capability to take the series of images that then need to be post processed together.

The Pentax K7 is being phased out in place of the K5. It is still available new for about $800 +/- body only.

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 3:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by interested_observer View Post
Well the Pentax K7 (and now K5) is the first and maybe only camera that I know of that has HDR processing capabilities built in. Many cameras (actually most) have a bracketing capability to take the series of images that then need to be post processed together.

The Pentax K7 is being phased out in place of the K5. It is still available new for about $800 +/- body only.

Yes, I've saw k7 and k5 but I've ended up ordering the new and cheaper Kr via Amazon. I hope I like this baby

Thank you for your reply.
Zoso777 is offline   Reply With Quote