Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:53 AM   #1

Default Looking to buy higher end point & shoot camera

Hi,
I am looking to buy high end point & shoot camera which has a good optical zoom i.e. greater than 10-15X ... has features of SLR.
I had selected some of the cameras like - Nikon P100/L110, Canon SX130 IS/SX 30 IS......
So, please can you suggest me which is the best camera to purchase?
Also if here are similar camera present of another brand like Sony, Panasonic, Fuji, etc. which are good than the above mentioned one then pls do tell me which is better and which to buy??
tushar_surya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:52 PM   #2

Panasonic FZ35 will prob b your best buy. FZ 35 is a proven performer better than the Nikons above, and the sx130is which in it's own right is a v gd camera.
Fayyaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:00 PM   #3

Panasonic or Canon right now. FZ35 or the FZ100 even. FZ100 rated lower on IQ but it offers full 1080p video. Canon SX30 is a good choice as well; rated a little lower generally than the Panasonics on IQ, but more accurate colors in JPEG.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:12 PM   #4

and the fuji hs10 is another options.
I would go and see if you can put hands on all the models mentions. The are all good camera's
Old Nov 3, 2010, 1:45 PM   #5

Thnx for the replies and I'll try hands on the models mentioned above..... actually I am staying in Pune, India and over here people generally opt for Canon, Nikon or Sony..... as after sales the service is readily available....... SO I was thinking to buy Nikon P100..... but after reading the reviews about it, I have to change my mind......... so is it still a good choice to go for Panasonic and/or Fuji!!!!
tushar_surya is offline   Reply With Quote