Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 13, 2010, 5:52 PM   #21

on a slight tangent but there is the nikon d300s price should be coming down by now - not the youngest filly in the stable but a good solid performer

never heard it said anywhere that the 60d was weather sealed at all? you sure?
http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Prod...x.aspx?specs=1
reading down it only good to 85% air humidity never mind actually getting wet
Pentax Photo Gallery

Last edited by John.Pattullo; Nov 13, 2010 at 5:57 PM.
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2010, 5:54 PM   #22

it is not 7d weather seal, but when the press release did mention that it is a improve weather seal over the 50d, which was not to bad for shooting in a light drizzle
Old Nov 13, 2010, 7:07 PM   #23

impressive replies, thank you all

I can actually get one of these three cameras shipped to me from Canada, as I have a very good friend in Toronto... any link or suggestion for a good buy there? or maybe it can also be shipped from US to Canada first and then from there to Sweden... I guess I don't need to pay customs when it is marked as gift from friend in Canada... in this case it will be a very good deal, but then I have to pay for the shipping, which is at least 100-150 US dollars... also it can be a problem for service if anything goes wrong with it...

I am actually more interested at K-5 and D7000 ... but then less lens options for Pentax scares me long way...
whyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2010, 7:09 PM   #24

You might want to avoid nikon if you are getting it out of the EU. Nikon does not like to repair items that was not brought in that market, ie gray market, even if you are willing to pay for it.

shipping form US to canada can cause more cost with duties between the US and canada. As there are more taxes for items in canada.

Last edited by shoturtle; Nov 13, 2010 at 7:11 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2010, 7:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
You might want to avoid nikon if you are getting it out of the EU. Nikon does not like to repair items that was not brought in that market, ie gray market, even if you are willing to pay for it.

shipping form US to canada can cause more cost with duties between the US and canada. As there are more taxes for items in canada.
Very good info, thank you. Then I will try to find a good deal either here in Sweden or in Germany... will update with links if I catch any
Old Nov 13, 2010, 7:18 PM   #26

go to a store and try all of them out, the camera that fits you the best at the end of the day is the best camera for your regardless of the stat sheet.

Last edited by shoturtle; Nov 13, 2010 at 7:29 PM. Reason: typo not thinking
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2010, 7:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
go to a short and try all of them out, the camera that fits you the best at the end of the day is the best camera for your regardless of the stat sheet.
I am planning to visit Media Markt big store in Stockholm tomorrow and try cameras there, I hope they have D7000 too...
Old Nov 13, 2010, 7:31 PM   #28

Media Markt is in germany also, brought my HDTV from them. They had a 0% interest payment plan for 10 month, an idea if they have it to break up the payments, instead parting with all the money in one shot.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 7:52 PM   #29

Pentax and Sony have in-body stabilizers...does it mean that Tamron lenses without image stabilizer can be used with these brands with good results? thinking about Tamron 70-300 or 18-200 (even 18-270)
Old Nov 13, 2010, 7:55 PM   #30

Yes, but the the tamron 70-300 is not a great lens, neither is the 18-200, the 18-270 is not out for the pentax or sony yet. And for canon or nikon, the 18-270 is stabilized.