Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:34 AM   #1

Default P&S for preteen

My daughter (12) wants her own digital camera for Christmas. Her requirements... a P&S, an LCD screen that shows you the picture, and it needs to be blue.

I don't necessarily want to spend a ton of money (in case it gets lost, dropped, etc), but this was also what I was thinking about getting for her. What suggestions would you have?
SamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:41 PM   #2

Lots of people around here recommend the Panasonic ZS7. It does great video, really nice for outdoor shots (nice long zoom for such a compact camera), it's easy to use in auto mode or she can grow into its manual settings. Comes in blue. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+ZS7&x=13&y=19 This is a link for Amazon's "open box" items so they're a little cheaper but the brand new ones have come down a lot in price also. GL
Under_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:48 PM   #3

Thanks, but a little out of my price range... I have two other kids to buy for too. lol. I'm thinking <~$100.
SamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 1:08 PM   #4

Hi Sam G, I would recommend Kodak Z915 $100 or Z950 $125(HD Video). And they r availible in Blue. Both r vgd cameras btw and the Z915 is recommended quite frequently on this forum. However Z915 does nt have HD video.
Fayyaz is offline   Reply With Quote