Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 17, 2010, 7:35 PM   #1

Default Best picture quality

Which camera with at least a 10opt zoom has the best picture quality
CJSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2010, 3:02 AM   #2

No one can answer that. There are a lot of good choices out there. The Panasonic ZS7 is the one I chose.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:02 PM   #3

Sorry I didn't realize I was asking a question that was hard to answer. I have read many reviews of cameras and they comment on image quality. The only thing I defiantly want in a camera is at least a 10 otp zoom and not changing lenses. I've looked at the panasonic zs7 and FZ45. And the Canon sx130 and sx30. Does one take better pictures than the other is there a another camera you would recommend
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:06 PM   #4

If I'm interested in a camera, I like to look at customer-submitted images for the product at Amazon.com (and of course the reviews section can be helpful.) They aren't full-size, but it'll get you started. You can also do a search for a camera model at Flickr to find pics taken with that camera.
Under_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2010, 4:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSan View Post
Sorry I didn't realize I was asking a question that was hard to answer. I have read many reviews of cameras and they comment on image quality. The only thing I defiantly want in a camera is at least a 10 otp zoom and not changing lenses. I've looked at the panasonic zs7 and FZ45. And the Canon sx130 and sx30. Does one take better pictures than the other is there a another camera you would recommend
Sorry, all I meant was that no one can say which camera has "the best picture quality" as many elements of that are largely subjective.

If you are looking at the ultra zoom cameras, I think the Panasonic FZ45 has better IQ than the Canon SX30 but I prefer Canon's color rendition and handling of noise at high ISOs. Of course, the FZ35/38 supposedly has better IQ and the FZ28 better still.

If you are looking at a pocketable superzoom, the ZS7 has very good IQ in my opinion. You could also look at the Canon SX210 or SD4500. However, the ZS7 has a better lens than both of these cameras.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:23 AM   #6

How dose the picture quality differ between the lumix zx7 and the fz45 or the canon sx30. I realize there is a size difference and zoom difference.