Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:14 AM   #1

Default Panasonic vs. Panasonic

This is new thread from old thread here. and I decided to open new thread Because I've started with WX5 vs. LX3 vs. P7000,
But Now What I'm considering is changed quite much. So for who's seeing my thread for first time, They might want not to read my whole thread.

Anyway, I opened the thread here few days ago, Not sure about what I chose. and I had amazingly many suggestion. And I'm pretty sure about what I chose now: In terms of Compactness, Price Range, IQ, Zoom, Video, Ergonomics.

I have finally chopped results down into

Panasonic LX3 vs. Panasonic ZS7!

I have done my decision with candidates, But I'm not sure what to choose.
albi1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:30 AM   #2

What I do care
- Price: LX3 about $430, ZS7 about $340 eqv on S.Korea. Reasonably Priced
- Compactness: I don't want Coat bulkiness But I would not prefer Jean slimness too.
LX3 and ZS7 is just between nice grip and nice compactness. Jacket compactness Maybe?
- f/ Numbers: You don't need to think about it when it comes to LX3, and for ZS7? It is not that 'fast' But, for that HUGE zoom range, I think it is quite nice. f/3.3-4.9
- Zoom Range: ZS7 is definitely having edge on here 24-60 vs. 25-300
- IQ+AF: I found out that both of these are BLAZINGLY fast on AF and produces sharp image too.
- Ergonomics: Nice grip for its size. Anyway it has a any kind of grippy part. That's nice for compact.
- Video: That's why most of the great cameras are chopped out. I need at least 720p, and Zoom while recording. Not so sure LX3 has it. AF while recording will be welcomed But not required.

And that's all about it! Having any ideas?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:29 PM   #3

I think it may come down to whether having better low light or a longer lens is more important to you. It looks like movie mode on ZS7 may be better, with a framerate of 30 fps at 720p, vs 24 fps for the LX3.
Under_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2010, 2:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under_rock View Post
I think it may come down to whether having better low light or a longer lens is more important to you. It looks like movie mode on ZS7 may be better, with a framerate of 30 fps at 720p, vs 24 fps for the LX3.
I will not consider ZS7 if LX3 had at least 3x zoom range. LX3 is covering too short range.

and I prefer 24p in Video for that 'Film' look. and 30p? Not bad.
So that does not really matters. What really matters is continuous AF & Zoom.

I found out that ZS7 has continuous zoom, and for LX3, No continuous zoom
and ZS7 has stereo mic, LX3? Mono. Selling point for ZS7 for me is cheaper price tag, and little bit more advanced in terms of video.

Last edited by albi1215; Nov 27, 2010 at 2:59 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:27 AM   #5

The LX3 always appealed to me because of its very good IQ. However, I never bought one because I always felt that the zoom limitation was way too great, especially considering its steep price tag.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote