Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 27, 2010, 7:33 PM   #1

Default EPL-1 OOC Jpeg with DSLR speed

Hi ,

First post, I have been lurking on this forum for 5-6 months now. I never used anything other than P&S which at this point it's starting to get really annoying. I have a 7 and 2 years old and it's very hard to get decent pics when they play around the house, vacation, skating, soccer & so on. So at this point the obvious choice would be a dslr. Started few months ago thinking Nikon D3000 or better Pentax Kx.....lately D3100 or Sony a33 which does decent video too. The thing is looking at all kind the pictures on this forum and other, Flickr, etc I absolutely love everything done with Oly EPL-1. Camera that many say is nowhere near as fast as dslr. Can I find a combination of EPL-1 OOC (jpeg) COLORS with dslr speed or is oly fast enough for my needs?
oly_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 27, 2010, 7:45 PM   #2

for sport you want a dslr, somthing like a canon T1i or T2i. But you will also need a fast focusing lens. Or you can look at the olympus e620 is HD is not important, and is good for moderated low light.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 7:57 PM   #3

shoturtle, I've seen your EPL-1 pics, colors look amazing for my taste. I'm still hoping Oly is good enough for me and few shoots of kids running around the house&jumping in the pool....I guess not eh? Not crazy about canon feel...rather stay with nikon or kx.
oly_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2010, 8:00 PM   #4

The epl-1 does okay for moderate action, I have capture dogs and kids running. But it it is not for skating and soccer. I shot the k-x and the d5000, and the canon is the better action camera.