Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:12 PM   #11

Thank you, those look very good and the color from the flowers I really liked it. The thing with the Canon sx is being bulkier I don't know how much she will carry it around. So I guess I'm back with the sd1300.
Since we got the t2i it seemed like everyone in the house wants a camera. Do you have any suggestions for "rugged" ones for my husband?
Even my girls want one for Christmas, but i guess with the 5 yr I will be looking into the toy cameras, but my 7 yr wants more of a grown up one, do you think one of the basic cheaper models around would be a good fit for her? Both of them have experience handlind "tech toys"like portable videogames, my iPhone and ipad. (both had a fisher price camera, but i think they both outgrown it)

Again thanks a lot for your guidance and patinete...
marubex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:51 PM   #12

Maria-

I purchased a refurbished Canon A-480 at $41 for a 10 year old grandson. It has produced excellent photos, and shown a lot of basic durability.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:54 PM   #13

Sarah, that seems like a great deal, were did you get it? Also reading some more found the a3100 and nikon l22 although I have the feeling Nikon p&s are not as good.
Pardon my ignorance but wil the IS of the a3100 make a difference o ver the a495?

Greetings,

Marķa
marubex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:27 AM   #14

Maria-

Yes, at low shutter speed/poor lighting IS is a measurable advantage, thus making the A3100 a better choice than the A495. I would stay away from the Nikon L22. Please keep in mind that there is the A3000 and the A3100. The A3000 is 10mp and only available in silver, but otherwise has every feature of the A3100. The A3100 is available in different colors and is 12mp. Amazon has the A3000 at $99.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Dec 15, 2010 at 10:15 AM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote