Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 9, 2010, 4:12 AM   #1

Default Fujifilm S200exr

Hi everybody
I want to buy this camera any objections?

I will use it for shot to everything i see. I would like to take some night pictures and it's for the sensor of this camera(1/1,6') that i choose it and also want the posibility to have a good zoom. I like photograpy but I never had in my hands a camera with manual functions. I have read a lot theory about that and i want a camera to practice that.

I think that this camera is on the top of my budget and i don't want to go into the dslr world.

objections? suggestions?

thanks in advance and sorry if my english isn't appropiate
Hernan8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2010, 8:30 AM   #2

I've seen some GREAT images from that camera. I chose the HS-10 over it for the added zoom and a couple of other features.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; Dec 9, 2010 at 8:32 AM.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:30 PM   #3

ou yeah, i like the lot of features and the zoom of the hs10, but i "prechoose" the s200exr because the sensor... do you think that it will be reflected in the pictures quality? and supouse that it's better than the s95 and lx5 for night shots?....
Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernan8804 View Post
ou yeah, i like the lot of features and the zoom of the hs10, but i "prechoose" the s200exr because the sensor... do you think that it will be reflected in the pictures quality? and supouse that it's better than the s95 and lx5 for night shots?....
I don't know. I don't own any of the other cameras. But, I'm sure others will jump in soon to offer their opinions.
My Gallery

--
Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:33 PM   #5

ok, thank you very much for your answers...
and I hope that too :P
Old Dec 11, 2010, 10:04 AM   #6

Hi Hernan,

Not that my reply is much of use in your choise, but I am looking at the same 2 cameras which are mentioned here. I would prefer the S200EXR for its outstanding picture quality (from what I've heard), but especially the extreem zoom range of the HS10 gets my attention. At the bottom range the S200EXR is "only" 30mm, the HS10 beats that easily with its 24mm, which makes is ideal for indoor and close range photography (my primal use). If the 30mm from the S200EXR would not be a problem for me I would definately buy this cam. Now I will go for the HS10 in close future.

I wonder if the HS10 can beat my Pentax istDL DSLR.

Best regards,
Mischa
mischa72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 10:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischa72 View Post
Hi Hernan,

I wonder if the HS10 can beat my Pentax istDL DSLR.

Best regards,
Mischa
Probably not. While it can produce some astonishing images, no bridge camera can produce true DSLR image quality simply due to sensor size.
My Gallery

--
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:34 AM   #8

Hi Gary,

In your gallery I see mainly outdoor and well lighted pics, this is the part where I'm not really afraid of. A lot of cams produce good pictures in good light, but what happens when you are indoors? For example when you have a birthday in the evening. Normally you don't light the room up like it is at day, but how are the pictures then? Do you have some examples for me?

I'm sorry for hijacking this topic, but maybe it helps the topicstarter to decide and I will get smarter as well .

Best regards,
Mischa
Old Dec 11, 2010, 2:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischa72 View Post
Hi Gary,

In your gallery I see mainly outdoor and well lighted pics, this is the part where I'm not really afraid of. A lot of cams produce good pictures in good light, but what happens when you are indoors? For example when you have a birthday in the evening. Normally you don't light the room up like it is at day, but how are the pictures then? Do you have some examples for me?

I'm sorry for hijacking this topic, but maybe it helps the topicstarter to decide and I will get smarter as well .

Best regards,
Mischa
Check out the Patton Armor Museum shots in my gallery. Quite a few of those were shot with the HS-10.
My Gallery

--
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:07 PM   #10

Hi,

I looked at them and have to admit that they are good, although some of them not completely sharp, for example the shots with the soldiers lying in front of that tank.

On holiday I made some pictures in a rather dark shop and was surprised of what the HS10 was capable of. Maybe I have to look for someone in my area to show me the cam and let me play around with it sometime.

Looking at the sample photos at Steve's review I was rather shocked : Look at the picture of the basball player almost ready to hit (1st column, 2nd row). At 10% zoom it seems blurry . The same for the child in purple.
The same for the review of the S200EXR. Look at the picture of the pretty girl on the same row as the Werthers Original package. At 100% zoom this picture is noisy and a lot of detail is gone. When I look at the sample pictures of my camera istDL there is al lot less noise and more detail in the portrait picture of the pretty lady in the red sweater.

What about these points? Are these the disadvantage of a smaller sensor? If I don't want this to happen, should I stop moaning and keep my DSLR and buy a small compact for the point-and-shoot?

Regards,
Mischa

Last edited by mischa72; Dec 13, 2010 at 2:14 AM.