Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:43 PM   #1

Default Left hand use only.

I cannot raise my right hand to my face. I have 2 Panasonic SV-AS10 which are great as they have a shutter release button on the front as well as on the edge giving me lots of flexibility ...only thing is they are only 2 megapixels which is getting a little old and I would love to have something I can use left-handed without any folderol... is there something for me ? ...I bought, without thinking a lot, a Viewpoint DV-DA1-VP Camcorder some time ago which I have never used since the thing is for right handed people (and maybe not even for them)... Needless to say, I was disappointed (but got it cheap so not devastated). Anyone ?
bubbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:45 PM   #2

...oh yeah ...I posted in the DSLR about using a RF dongle for the hotshoe on my wifes Nikon D5000 but that's a big hunk for me to hold one handed only and the grip is really on the right although the swing around screen makes hang from the neck possible like the old Hasselblad look down cameras ...not my best choice of solutions...
bubbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 6:09 PM   #3

bubbah-

The Canon SD4000 is less than 5 ounce in weight and could easily be used left handed. It a much more advanced camera than some people think and it is capable of some really very good images even at ISO 1600.

This photo will illustrate the ISO 1600 capability rather well:

http://anchorse.smugmug.com/Other/Ca...3_KdY5g-XL.jpg

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:19 PM   #4

I can see no reason why you couldn't use the SD4000 or any of many P&Ss in your left hand upside down. You'll quickly learn what any on-screen or other writing is, and the images being upside down is no problem - simply reverse them once they're in your computer. I had this problem once for several months many years ago, back in film camera days, and I coped even with film winding. With digital it's all much easier.
peterbj7 is offline   Reply With Quote