Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:04 PM   #11

I think the T2i is my preferred choice now assuming I can get a price like was on Amazon yesterday($750 for body & 2 kit lens) or better (it is a lot to spend on a camera if have spend no more than $200 on a camera before).

I will wait and see if Sunday brings any bargains (I am doubting it) for T2i or great deals (say sub $500 2 LENS kit for K-X, or sub $600 2 lens kit for K-R).
If neither materialize I may have to wait for new models in Spring to push prices down or look at 4/3rds cameras.

Thanks for every ones input.

Jim
jagardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 3:53 AM   #12

Hi and welcome I see lots of posts about the T2i/550d kit lens and its a shame as its not a bad lens, Others have said there are alternatives, i would get the kit and use it you have already said that you like the feel of it so you are almost there. Good luck
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:16 PM   #13

Bought the white K-X 18-55 and 55-200 mm kit for $520 and am LOVING it. Feels like a real camera. I know the kit lens are probably not as good as the Canon's optically, but I like the non rotating front, rubber, and general feel a lot better. As far as the menu system, it is GREAT and very easy to pick up. I do feel the video is the weak link in the camera vs. the T2i especially (if video really important-get that or better yet 60D), but I already have $300 extra to put toward HD camcorder or better lens (cheaper used primes). Plus the white is pretty cool. Burst rate is pretty nice too. For me I think I made the right decision. Thanks for everyone's help.
jagardener is offline   Reply With Quote