Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 23, 2010, 8:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan C. View Post
Thanks LTZ and FiveO ! Do you guys agree that the FZ 40 would be better than the FZ35 for indoor/low light situations? I shoot mostly still shots in iA or P mode and that's the only thing that was a little disappointing with the FZ35.
I really appreciate your input and advise !!!
PP ?
SOOC?
Stan you'll require a good onboard flash for indoors for ANY moving subjects...IF you are only shooting stills indoors you can easily do it with the FZ35, but I am afraid you are shooting moving subjects?
If you are shooting moving subjects then you are back to the FZ100 and the hotshoe...it can take excellent photos with an external flash attached...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 8:53 PM   #12

Cole-

How would you compare the FZ35 to the FZ40? Does the more dense imager make for problems?

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 9:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Cole-

How would you compare the FZ35 to the FZ40? Does the more dense imager make for problems?

Sarah Joyce
Yes and No Sarah...the FZ40 can make some excellent photo's...I need to shoot them side by side again for a good comparision...the FZ40 ergonomics are just much better...EVF is better...
Old Dec 24, 2010, 12:03 AM   #14

No P&S will give you great low-light performance because of their small image sensors. The Fujifilm S200EXR is probably the best at low-light because of it's larger image sensor, but even it is not perfect at low-light, plus it was discontinued several months ago in favor of the (slightly inferior) HS10. If you want good low-light performance you will need to shell out a little more money and get a DSLR. If you can't afford a DSLR then use flash and get a tripod.

Last edited by David_MC; Dec 24, 2010 at 8:32 AM.
David_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 4:33 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_MC View Post
No P&S will give you great low-light performance because of their small image sensors. The Fujifilm S200EXR is probably the best at low-light because of it's larger image sensor, but even it is not perfect at low-light, plus it was discontinued several months ago in favor of the (slightly inferior) HS10. If you want good low-light performance you will need to shell out a little more money and get a DSRL. If you can't afford a DSRL then use flash and get a tripod.

Affordability is not the problem. Have a Canon Rebel with all different lens...just can't be bothered. Love the size and ease of portability with today's point and shoots. Understand the P&S will not be anywhere as good in low light but I'm just looking for the best recommendations. Oh, and I also like to take pictures of horses(equestrian jumpers) in motion.
That's for everyone's input. I really appreciate your help
Stan C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 7:24 AM   #16

Stan you already have photog sills...I would buy the FZ100 used like new from Amazon Warehouse Deals that gives you thirty days to return it...and shoot a 1000 shots or so with it...it should give you some good shots with a few in camera adjustments...
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:08 AM   #17

The FZ100 is $375 shipped at Amazon right now which is only $50 more than the Amazon warehouse so might be the time to snag a new one.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:20 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveO View Post
The FZ100 is $375 shipped at Amazon right now which is only $50 more than the Amazon warehouse so might be the time to snag a new one.

Thanks FiveO ! It's $375 from B&H Photo with free shipping too and I usually get my stuff from them. Never had a problem with B & H.
Thanks for watching out !!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !
Stan C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:03 AM   #19

Stan-

Congratulations on your decision. I was going to suggest the Sony HX1 to give you a little bit of a different experience, but it looks like you are all set, which is great.

Merry Christmas!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:28 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan C. View Post
Thanks FiveO ! It's $375 from B&H Photo with free shipping too and I usually get my stuff from them. Never had a problem with B & H.
Thanks for watching out !!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !
Absolutely - I use B&H often. Both places have great return policies if things don't work out also. Merry Christmas!