Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Thanks for your opinion mate . I am leaning towards the Canon 500D. It costs lesser than the 550D and also video isn't an important thing for me. The thing is once I choose a brand I will pretty much stay with the same brand for a long time as I can't be investing on lenses in each brand. In http://cameralabs.com the 500D has been categorised as a mid-range DSLR whereas the D3100 has been categorised as an entry level SLR.

I dont care about video either. The difference between the 500 and 550d that is important to me is the metering. dpreview.com says the metering and the auto white balance on the 550d is better than the 500 and also better than the nikon3100. I figure if the exposure is wrong all is lost and I am a beginner. In the end, I get the impression that the Nikon3100 and Canon d500/550 are all very good. Perhaps these reviews are splitting hairs?
RayJayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJayR View Post
I dont care about video either. The difference between the 500 and 550d that is important to me is the metering. dpreview.com says the metering and the auto white balance on the 550d is better than the 500 and also better than the nikon3100. I figure if the exposure is wrong all is lost and I am a beginner. In the end, I get the impression that the Nikon3100 and Canon d500/550 are all very good. Perhaps these reviews are splitting hairs?
Yeah.. I guess.. I have decided to go for the Nikon D3100.. Will let you guys know once I have bought it