Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 27, 2010, 12:41 PM   #1

Default Powershot SX120IS or Coolpix L110

Hi,
Iam was thinking to buy a camera and after some days of research i sorted out 2 cameras to final list. Canon Powershot SX120IS and Nikon CoolPix L110. Now am stuck up with these two options. Am so confused about which one to select. The spec comparison says that L110 doesnot having Aperture Priorty and Shutter Priority setting.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp
Can u please tell me wats that and for what its used? Is it a big matter to consider? And reviews shows that SX120IS is a travel zoom cam while L110 is super zoom. Whats the difference b/w these? Also the face of the lens of L110 looks bigger than the SX120IS. If it is so is there any adv or dis adv for that.?
Please help me...

Last edited by jaisondc; Dec 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM.
jaisondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2010, 3:17 PM   #2

I played around with the L110 while doing my research for camera's for Christmas and bought and returned the L110.

It seemed like a nice camera but low light wasn't that great and a lot of the time the auto focus just couldn't lock onto what I wanted to take a picture of.

That's just a little something I know about the L110
Good Luck!

Mm
Mmfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 7:51 PM   #3

The Canon SX120 is the better choice by a wide margin. The Nikon L110 has not received good reviews.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:56 PM   #4

Thank you Sarah for your advice.
I have got a few more doubts. Can you please clear these doubts?
Whats is the difference b/w travel zoom and super zoom?. If same pic is taken by a super zoom cam and travel zoom cam, does super zoom gives any better pic quality for photos taken by zooming?

Thanks in advance
jaisondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 9:11 AM   #5

Generally speaking, travel zooms are over 10X optical zoom, but less than 18X optical zoom. Thus, as you can easily see "super zoom" cameras have the ability to reach out further, and to photograph an object at a greater distance.

Cameras within the "travel zoom" and "super zoom" categoriesall vary a bit some are better than others in terms of image quality.

Leaders in the "super zoom" category are the Panasonic FZ35 ($245) and the SX30 ($377) Leaders in the "travel zoom" category range from the Kodak Z915 ($100) to the Canon SX130 ($179).

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote