Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:49 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_MC View Post
You may give the FujiFilm FinePix S200EXR a thought. It has a larger sensor than other superzooms and great lowlight performance from what I have read and heard. But it only has a 436mm (14X) zoom lens and is out of production.
thats a lot of negatives for a camera and out of production means that its of no good use, but I really like the manual zoom of S200EXR.
nidhin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:06 PM   #32

I had been a great fan of Nikon P100 but after reading many reviews and suggestions I ruled it out of my list, what do you think should I consider it again or did I made a good decision?
FZ40 and P100 cost the same here in my country thats about 400$
Old Jan 26, 2011, 3:11 AM   #33

If you are looking for an excellent P&S with Manual Zoom I would try the FZ50...I have the FZ50 and the FZ40 both you will not go wrong with either...the FZ50 has an excellent lens f/2.8 to f3.7 35mm to 420mm lacking on the wide end a little...keep the ISO low and the photos are great it is also readily adaptable for LC55 and LT55 conversion leans as it has a 55mm filter thread so no adapter required...batteries are cheap and excellent life...larger than FZ40 but also has larger sensor...I like that you can access the SD Card without removing the camera from the Tripod also...
Heres the FZ50-40-100 shot sideXside indoors:
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...tmas-tree.html
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:07 AM   #34

thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that FZ50 is available now a days. But hope FZ40 will do a good job!!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 11:29 AM   #35

Just wanted all of you lovely people to know that I am going to place an order for Panasonic Lumix FZ40 on ebay INDIA.

Hope that I am taking a good decision....... as the Canon 1000D with kit lens is available for the same price as the Lumix, at about 20000 INR (450$).

Last edited by nidhin999; Feb 4, 2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 9:31 AM   #36

A few moments ago placed my order, hopefully I will receive my FZ40 in a week, yeah its a bit slow, in India things happen at a quite pace.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:09 PM   #37

Congrats on the FZ40...you're going to really enjoy it...it's good camera...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:48 AM   #38

hi,

my first post for this forum. i have been watchin the forum for quite some time and in same dilemna as the others..

looking for my first performance camera...

was at the shop for fz-100 and i see the hs20 to be released..

seems to be worth the wait.. as far as the technical specs go..

also checkd for the p500 nikon however does not have wider aperture like the fz100 and hs20 and i would like to click some bokeh pics.. will that difference in aperture from 2.8 to 3.5 very significant..

money is not that big constraint.. as i have thought for hs20 so 500$ max.. not sure how much it will be india..

plz suggest.. if hs20 will be worth i will wait else pick a fz-100 incase any better camera available please do suggest..

sx30is is out due to chromatic ab. and as far as the sample images goes fz-100 is way superior to it...
theironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 2:52 PM   #39

Welcome the Forum-

Your post/request will get more attention and replies if it is posted as a separate new post. What you have done is to "tag-on" to an old posting. That will not bring many replies.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 2:59 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by theironhorse View Post
hi,

my first post for this forum. i have been watchin the forum for quite some time and in same dilemna as the others..

looking for my first performance camera...

was at the shop for fz-100 and i see the hs20 to be released..

seems to be worth the wait.. as far as the technical specs go..

also checkd for the p500 nikon however does not have wider aperture like the fz100 and hs20 and i would like to click some bokeh pics.. will that difference in aperture from 2.8 to 3.5 very significant..

money is not that big constraint.. as i have thought for hs20 so 500$ max.. not sure how much it will be india..

plz suggest.. if hs20 will be worth i will wait else pick a fz-100 incase any better camera available please do suggest..

sx30is is out due to chromatic ab. and as far as the sample images goes fz-100 is way superior to it...
I'm curious about the HS20 also but if the HS10 is any indication of what is to come, then the FZ100 will likely end up being the better camera.

Bokeh will be very limited on either camera so don't concern yourself with that. You can achieve it by placing sufficient distance between your subject and the background but with either camera.

There isn't much info available on that Nikon yet to tell how good it will be. Nikon usually fails to perform in the P&S/bridge markets though.