Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 14, 2011, 8:16 PM   #41

I have been planning to buy a FZ40 for quite some time now, in the meanwhile i keep reading and try to understand so much that this site has to offer. Have been able to take different kind of photos using whatever little control my DSC t90 could offer. However with the recent announcement of new cameras i was wondering if Panasonic also has plans to launch a successor to FZ40 in coming future, any one has any information on this?
aayushjoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2011, 1:30 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayushjoshi View Post
I have been planning to buy a FZ40 for quite some time now, in the meanwhile i keep reading and try to understand so much that this site has to offer. Have been able to take different kind of photos using whatever little control my DSC t90 could offer. However with the recent announcement of new cameras i was wondering if Panasonic also has plans to launch a successor to FZ40 in coming future, any one has any information on this?
I am fairly sure they are planning on a replacement later this year but it will likely be many several months away and if history is any indication, the IQ will likely go down. If you really need more features or zoom, then the next batch may be worth waiting for but if 24x zoom is enough and the feature set satisfies you, no point in waiting.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:01 AM   #43

though i am quite happy with what FZ40 has on offer however i would not want to reject the new model without even having a sneak peek as to what it had on offer, Any expected timelines for the announcements from Panasonic?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 5:34 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayushjoshi View Post
though i am quite happy with what FZ40 has on offer however i would not want to reject the new model without even having a sneak peek as to what it had on offer, Any expected timelines for the announcements from Panasonic?
I'd guess the replacement might be announced in the next few months with the new models being available for sale at the end of the summer (August, September).

Of course, at that point, you will once again be only a few months away from the announcement of another replacement. There will always be a replacement around the corner so you could be chasing that new camera indefinitely. Just food for thought.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:10 PM   #45

totally agree with you there, its like not buying a iphone 4 cause a iphone 5 is around the corner!
Old Feb 20, 2011, 12:48 PM   #46

wanted to say that I got my FZ40, and its an awesome camera
I wanted to post some pics but don't know how so heres the link to my flicker photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
nidhin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 3:19 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhin999 View Post
wanted to say that I got my FZ40, and its an awesome camera
I wanted to post some pics but don't know how so heres the link to my flicker photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Glad you're enjoying it. Like that shot of the bike.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 11:03 PM   #48

Congratz Nidhi, hope i can get myself one soon!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 4:34 AM   #49

Check out Nikon P500
Fayyaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:46 AM   #50

Default my snaps

thought of uploading some snaps, thanks to my FZ40, really loving it!!!
Attached Images

nidhin999 is offline   Reply With Quote