Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:34 PM   #11

Also what your budget is for a sports lens. The lenses will mean more then the body. As an example, the k-x will burst at 4.7 fps for about 4 sec. But you will need a lens that will AF fast enough. So for Pentax, Pentax SDM lenses or Sigma HSM lenses would be a better option then the kit lenses. For sony lenses with SSM, or sigma HSM lenses.

Last edited by shoturtle; Feb 3, 2011 at 12:10 AM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:09 AM   #12

I guess I'm getting a little ahead of myself here. For the immediate future the only very important thing I will be using the camera for is my wedding. It sound like the K-x will work. I was just very intrigued by the Sony 580 since it has the same sensor as the Nikon 7000 and Pentax k-5 (much more expensive cameras). However if the sony will also need extra lenses, flash etc then I think it will slightly be out of my budget. From all the reviews the K-x takes good photos and is one of the best in its class at low light. If IQ isn't that much different then I think I will go with the K-x since its half the price and add a portrait lense and flash.

Last edited by dwbs25; Feb 3, 2011 at 12:13 AM.
dwbs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:13 AM   #13

Yes, the sony will need all the things the k-x will need as well. Right lenses for the application you are looking to shoot, flash for the indoor stuff.

The k-x uses the same sensor as the nikon d300, that is the higher end camera then the d7000 and a580. The d300 is nikon's top of the line APS-c camera. So the sensor in the k-x is a very good sensor.

Last edited by shoturtle; Feb 3, 2011 at 12:17 AM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote