Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:56 AM   #1

Default Fuji F300EXR v Panasonic ZS7.. which one?

Opinions requested... I will be purchasing a pocketable camera to be used on mountaineering, glacial traverse, summitting trips. I have narrowed my choice to Fuji F300EXR or Panny ZS7/TZ10 (not set in stone).. the vast majority of its use will be outdoors while trekking.. as I will have a FZ40 for low light sunrise/sunset/evening pics w/ packable tripod. My question is which has the best Image Quality?? I know neither excells in low light..

If there are other options.. preferences: 12 mp (would consider 10).. PASM.. zoom (10x +/-).. video is not a priority.. neither is GPS since I carry a separate unit (can the GPS on the ZS7 be turned off?) The deciding factor will be IQ...

Thanks for any opinions..

Last edited by banosser; Feb 3, 2011 at 2:59 AM.
banosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:03 AM   #2

The ZS7 is no worse in low light than the FZ40 (perhaps even a little better). That said, I think the ZS7 has great IQ with good lighting and is just an all-around great P&S. While I don't know much about that specific EXR camera, I know that by the nature of their design, they have a bit of a learning curve. I don't know if that's a factor for you.

Last edited by FiveO; Feb 3, 2011 at 3:05 AM.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 1:46 PM   #3

FiveO.... Thanks for the relpy... after additional research, I pulled the trigger on the ZS7... I'm sure I won't be disappointed

FYI... I disabled the GPS

Last edited by banosser; Feb 8, 2011 at 10:12 PM.
banosser is offline   Reply With Quote