Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 15, 2011, 4:25 PM   #21

@fiveo u mentiioned 10 feet??Thats ok with me. I read on many reviews that its weak less then 8 feet thats why i was reconsidering it
funktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by funktastic View Post
@fiveo u mentiioned 10 feet??Thats ok with me. I read on many reviews that its weak less then 8 feet thats why i was reconsidering it
It's actually rated to 17 ft at wide, but only 11 ft at tele. Although I think the wide number is a bit optimistic, I routinely use the camera at least partially zoomed at 10 ft.

I've seen reviews complain about a weak flash and there's certainly no argument there, but I've never seen anyone comment about getting less than 10 ft except one person on this forum who doesn't even own the camera.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:06 PM   #23

funktastic...just remember to buy from somewhere you can return the camera should you need to. This camera may be great for your needs...it is a fun camera...the zoom is amazing, compared to my old p & s. I also really liked the user-friendliness and the burst mode. However, if you find that it is not suitable, you can always return it and pick out something else. And there's really no way to decide if it's going to work for you until you have one in your hands and start playing with it. No matter what you decide, have fun! That's what photography is all about, right?
acscoggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2011, 9:18 AM   #24

Quote:
I've seen reviews complain about a weak flash and there's certainly no argument there, but I've never seen anyone comment about getting less than 10 ft except one person on this forum who doesn't even own the camera.
May be I read it here
Old Mar 16, 2011, 9:19 AM   #25

Quote:
funktastic...just remember to buy from somewhere you can return the camera should you need to. This camera may be great for your needs...it is a fun camera...the zoom is amazing, compared to my old p & s. I also really liked the user-friendliness and the burst mode. However, if you find that it is not suitable, you can always return it and pick out something else. And there's really no way to decide if it's going to work for you until you have one in your hands and start playing with it. No matter what you decide, have fun! That's what photography is all about, right?
It'll be coming from 4k miles away :O
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:05 AM   #26

Hi, just wondering if you made a choice? I'm in the same situation... thanks, vince
vblanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:15 PM   #27

Vince-

If camera size is not an issue for you, the FZ35 is the clear choice over the ZS7. It has a much better flash, better image quality, and a longer zoom.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 8:03 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Vince-

If camera size is not an issue for you, the FZ35 is the clear choice over the ZS7. It has a much better flash, better image quality, and a longer zoom.

Sarah Joyce
You're basing that on ...? They utilize the exact same sensor. Any differences in the final image are due largely to differences in in-camera processing. I too would choose the FZ35 over the ZS7 is size was not issue but having owned both cameras, I can confidently say that there is not much difference in image quality and I would challenge you to demonstrate otherwise.