Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:58 AM   #11

It is noisy, and if you put it in low light it will be more apparent the noise level. The green leaves shows allot of noise and some discoloration. Even reduced and resize for the board it is very noticeable. And if you post a 100% crop. It will be very apparent.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 8:51 AM   #12

Take a look at the Canon SD4000 IS for $214. Tried it out on P mode at a senior pet share event. First is ISO 1000, second is ISO 500. Processed with a little sharpening. Pretty darn good for a point and shoot.
Attached Images

pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 9:31 AM   #13

the shots are a bit soft and noisy.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:56 AM   #14

S/T-

Yes, from your rather professional point of view, those images may indeed be a bit soft and noisy. However, to a lot of folks, especially those on a limited budget, those photos might work quite well for their use.

I continue to see the Canon SD4000 as a very viable choice for folks looking for a small, somewhat low light adapted point and shoot camera. That is especially true when you consider that the SD4000 is now at its lowest historic price point.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:40 PM   #15

They made excellent prints for kids and the seniors.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:42 PM   #16

But if you were to compare it to a s90 or s95, they would be soft as well. As the OP mention the interest in the s95. Just comparing the mention camera, not a dslr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
S/T-

Yes, from your rather professional point of view, those images may indeed be a bit soft and noisy. However, to a lot of folks, especially those on a limited budget, those photos might work quite well for their use.

I continue to see the Canon SD4000 as a very viable choice for folks looking for a small, somewhat low light adapted point and shoot camera. That is especially true when you consider that the SD4000 is now at its lowest historic price point.

Sarah Joyce
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:53 PM   #17

From march 11-14, canon will give an additional 10% off on refrebs. If you use this promo code. FAM211 Making the s95 under 300 dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24 View Post
I want to buy the S95 but i don't have enough money to afford it. (I'm not from US and where i live it costs 570 bucks LoL)

What I need is a canon with good lens, colorful pictures, 720p HD videos.

8Mp it's enough, because I hate the noise which is produced by 12-14MP cameras. I will use this photos for myspace.

Thanks!

I would consider another brands but please only if you have realized that they are way better than a canon
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:08 AM   #18

S/T-

I think that the OP has been pretty specific. he clearl stated that he did not live in the USA and that the cost was too much for him:

"I want to buy the S95 but i don't have enough money to afford it. (I'm not from US and where i live it costs 570 bucks LoL)

What I need is a canon with good lens, colorful pictures."

He also expressed concern about having an international warranty:

"What about if it doesn't work after 3 months, does it have guarantee? What are the disadvantages?"

In short; he is looking for a less expensive Canon point and shoot camera on which he can get a full 1 year international warranty. Both PBoerger and I understood what the OP had clearly posted, and we both suggested the SD4000 as a cost effective alternative choice.

What is it that is difficult for you to understand? You seem to have "glossed over" or misunderstood what the OP had posted early on in this thread, and you continue to keep coming back with Canon S90/95 suggestions.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:34 AM   #19

There may be discounts in his home country as well. I know in germany you get canon refrebs as well, and at times there are discounts.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:54 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
There may be discounts in his home country as well. I know in germany you get canon refrebs as well, and at times there are discounts.
It's killing me that you keep saying "refreb" instead of refurb.