Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 11, 2011, 4:37 PM   #1

Default T2i vs T3

Hi everyone! New to the site, but have found a lot of the responses in other threads very valuable, so I thought I'd start one of my own.

I'm ready to take the big step towards a big girl's camera. We've had a Canon point-and-shoot for years and I've always been pleased with it, so I know I want a Canon. But WHICH Canon is what has me stumped. I've read several reviews that raved about the new T3 but I've seen some comments here and there that says that the T2i still has crisper images.

I'm left stuck not knowing enough about either to make a decision on my own.

I love to take macro shots and portrait shots. Also interested in experimenting with light, both sunlight and low-light. Any advice in the direction to which camera is absolutely appreciated. Thanks!
TeeLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2011, 5:26 PM   #2

you mean t3i or t3? both of them no good( i mean if talk about money) better go with t2i it's cheaper than t3i has the same specs this is exact the same camera but with a few new features. Second it's better than t3 much better more megapixels, higher iso, better video and overall just a good deal.. right now..but if you dont wanna pay extra 60 bucks on t2i then go ahead get t3 i am sure it's great camera
idenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2011, 5:58 PM   #3

The T3i has an integrated wireless flash control. That could be very nice to have if you try off-camera flash. Otherwise, I don't see a big advantage to the T3i.
iowa_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:56 PM   #4

Well my question isn't regarding the T3i. I know that the T3i is much fancier but I'd like to get the most for my money/budget. Currently the T3 is on preorder for $599 which is LESS than the T2i (I'm not sure why that is... but okay.) Is the T3 just a newish version of the T2i??
TeeLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeLo View Post
Well my question isn't regarding the T3i. I know that the T3i is much fancier but I'd like to get the most for my money/budget. Currently the T3 is on preorder for $599 which is LESS than the T2i (I'm not sure why that is... but okay.) Is the T3 just a newish version of the T2i??
No it isn't! it's a newish version of the Canon XS.
idenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:54 PM   #6

without doubt the T2i it is feature rich camera and will get cheaper now that the T3i is out look for the deals
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote