Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 7, 2011, 2:29 PM   #1

Default Decided on a Fuji S1600

Having owned the Panasonic FZ100 which didn't work out for me for one reason and another I ordered a cheap Fuji S1600.

My theory being that I already own a Nikon D300, Sony HSc 20 point and shoot. I've also managed to get a 2nd hand mint condition Fuji S3 pro plus the S1600 for the same price as the Panasonic FZ100. As the S3 Pro takes the same lenses as my Nikon D300 was to much of a bargain to turn down for 199. I managed to get the S1600 for 99 new from Amazon.

Having read the review of the S1600 and downloaded lots of sample photographs I came to the conclusion it has decent image quality, HD video which is good but doesn't work amazingly well with zoom (poor autofocus), superb range of 15 * Optical zoom. Iso 64-6400.

Having downloaded a lot of images from Photographyblog's review and Steves digicam review having worked on them with curves and some sharpening the images greatly improve.

I want this camera as a 'snap shot' camera of the kids/dogs on family days out where I don't have to cart around a rucksack full of DSLR gear with me. I thnk for 99 the versatility is excellent with decent image quality and a nice feature in having HD video and for the price, don't think there are many cameras out there with the same spec that could compete with it. Also as most people understand a point and shoot won't compete with a DSLR for pure image quality so as long as the image quality is decent to good then I'll be happy with the purchase

Will post some photo's when I get the camera which will hopefully be before the weekend

Howie

Last edited by howiem; Apr 7, 2011 at 3:08 PM.
howiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:17 PM   #2

G'day Howie

Good choice mate - hope it all works out for you ... show us some results when you get them

Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 3:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
G'day Howie

Good choice mate - hope it all works out for you ... show us some results when you get them

Regards, Phil
Will do Phil Hopefully get it today so i can try it out over the weekend

Howie
howiem is offline   Reply With Quote